Stargazer-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Stargazer-4

Purchased from: American Music Supply

This bass sounds amazing, with its passive EMGs, it is very quiet when not played. I love how I can make this thing sound like both a jazz bass and a stingray. I run it through a Crate 220 bass amp. It absolutely sails through a chorus effect. It gives me just the sound I need for my Classic Rock/Metal feel.

I play classic rock and metal from all ages, and as far as sound I couldn't have made a better choice. I have been playing for two years and this bass blows my Ibanez Soundgear out of the water. I love the custom EMG pickups, but am not a fan of the active eq due to having to replace 9v batteries constantly. I would like to replace the tuners with grovers but no complaints thus far.

This guitar is very reliable. I suggest keeping spare 9v batteries on hand because of the active eq. I use this bass for E 440 standard tuning. I have used this bad-boy at multiple gigs without a backup and I always get good feedback based on its sheer beauty.

I could not have asked for a better instrument setup (thank you inspector 7). The pickups seem to be set rather high, but the neck aligns with them so well you won't notice. The woodgrain match is nearly flawless. This guitar is absolutely beautiful and receives no complaints from this bassist.

Year - 2010 Frets - 24 Body - Ash w/ Quilted Maple Top Body style - Most resembles a rickenbacker Neck Pickup - EMG SJHZ Body Pickup - EMG MMHZ Bridge - Schecter Custom Sting-Thru (with opt. top load) Controls - 1 vol/1 bled + 2 band active eq Tuners - Schecter Custom Color Opt. - Crimson Red Ghost, Black, Vintage Sunburst

YesFan58
    I bought mine in 2011. Yes I was attracted to it in part due to its Ric styling ques. But I very quickly grew to love it for its tonal versatility. It did take a bit of work/adjusting to get the buzz out the E & A strings on the lower frets. I'm not ashamed to say that it was beyond my skill so I took it to a local guy. It is now in a tie for my favorite bass out of the seven that I own.
    ktrogm
    theking4everr wrote: It is very quiet when not played. LOL WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i presume he means pickup feedback
    Joe-Floyd-lover
    loinmute
    I played a Schecter bass at GC. Excellent quality control, made in S. Korea and the fret work easily surpassed MiM Fender and even some mid level warwicks. Felt great. But I saw a used 1991 Carvin LB70 on the wall for $490 and the thick ebony slabbed fretboard and SS frets (neck-thru Koa sides) made me come. Sorry Schecter...still was a good guitar though.
    Reptilianriff
    Joe-Floyd-lover wrote: Screw Rickenbacker! I need a guitar/bass for the working man, not some jackass guitar collector! I'm not ready to pay $1,948.99 for a guitar/bass of any kind... Do you really think Paul or Lemmy paid that much for their Rick? Seems like a great bass!
    Yes? In fact im quite sure Lemmy paid more than that for the one which has the carved maple leaves on it...