Stargazer-4 Review

4,154
review (1) pictures (3) 9 comments vote for this gear:
Stargazer-4 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 18, 2011

Purchased from: American Music Supply

Features: Year - 2010 Frets - 24 Body - Ash w/ Quilted Maple Top Body style - Most resembles a rickenbacker Neck Pickup - EMG SJHZ Body Pickup - EMG MMHZ Bridge - Schecter Custom Sting-Thru (with opt. top load) Controls - 1 vol/1 bled + 2 band active eq Tuners - Schecter Custom Color Opt. - Crimson Red Ghost, Black, Vintage Sunburst // 9

Sound: This bass sounds amazing, with its passive EMGs, it is very quiet when not played. I love how I can make this thing sound like both a jazz bass and a stingray. I run it through a Crate 220 bass amp. It absolutely sails through a chorus effect. It gives me just the sound I need for my Classic Rock/Metal feel. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I could not have asked for a better instrument setup (thank you inspector 7). The pickups seem to be set rather high, but the neck aligns with them so well you won't notice. The woodgrain match is nearly flawless. This guitar is absolutely beautiful and receives no complaints from this bassist. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable. I suggest keeping spare 9v batteries on hand because of the active eq. I use this bass for E 440 standard tuning. I have used this bad-boy at multiple gigs without a backup and I always get good feedback based on its sheer beauty. // 8

Overall Impression: I play classic rock and metal from all ages, and as far as sound I couldn't have made a better choice. I have been playing for two years and this bass blows my Ibanez Soundgear out of the water. I love the custom EMG pickups, but am not a fan of the active eq due to having to replace 9v batteries constantly. I would like to replace the tuners with grovers but no complaints thus far. // 10

Comments