Stiletto Deluxe-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Stiletto Deluxe-4

I've been playing guitar quite seriously for just over a year now, and I'm experimenting with other instruments. I mainly play rock, ranging from metal to softer stuff, and this bass (as far as I can tell) can handle just about anything you can throw at it. I'm playing it through a borrowed Peavey amp, and it sounds best when I'm playing Tool, or something Tool inspired.

Besides this, I own a Fender Strat 50th Anniversary edition that I picked up at a pawn shop for quite the deal (I'm spoiled, I know). This bass fits my style of rock very well, and since I bought it on boxing day, I got it for a damn good deal too. For the price, I would recommend this bass for someone interested in rock/metal basses, maybe not fit for jazz style though. Not to mention it looks mighty fine.

It feels very sturdy, even though it's fairly light. I would definitely play with it at a live show, I think it could handle it no problem. However, I would never play a show without a backup, there's no saying what could happen. The finish seems durable, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will wear in the years to come. I've only tuned it a couple times, after traveling with it.

The set up was nothing to complain about, but my guitar-savvy uncle is going to make some small adjustments so that it plays the best it can. I had no problems playing it right away, straight after buying it from the store. The action is fairly low, but still high enough so that slap sounds great. All the knobs work fine, and I've found no flaws on it so far.

I'm not sure when it was made, but I know for sure it was made in China. Twenty four jumbo frets, 6 bolt-on 34" maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, active Diamond Bass pickups, chrome hardware, and mine in particular is jet black. Unfortunately no straps or other accessories included.

bassbizzle
    DTh213
    they're all made in korea unless otherwise specified ie "made in china". they are 100% set up in burbank california. i have one, korean, it plays pretty sweet
    Shreddinator666
    fretsonfire74 wrote: that is a damn sexy bass. however it plays, it looks great.
    It plays pretty damn well for only about $300. I can get a great hard rock/metal tone out of it, and a pretty good slap tone. Definately kicks the shit out of the stupid first act I used to have.
    jimmy, the one
    omarrodrigez wrote: bassbizzle wrote: if your gonna get a bass like this get an ibanez, they kick the shit out of schecter. bassbizzle wrote: Haha wow, you are ignorant. if your gonna get a bass like this get an ibanez, they kick the shit out of schecter.
    ??? quote problems
    bohdannyman
    Well, whatever the Schecter website says, mine had a sticker on it that said "Made in China". ...and yeah, Tool basslines rule.
    CapnKickass
    Hey Quest Musique is where I got my guitar. I agree with the bit about Tool, I always thought that they had good songs for bass.
    omarrodrigez
    creepingdeth428
    Its more worth while to kick in the extra cash for the custom, elite, or studio, because it sounds damn amazing with EMG's vs. the schecter pickups.
    AsperityX
    All Schecters are manufactured in Korea, unless they're custom made, then they're made entirely in Burbank, California. They are constructed (i think)in Burbank though. It's all at Schecter's website. www.schecterguitars.com
    StillSublime
    fagelamusgtr wrote: I thought they were made in California. I'm not sure though.
    Manufactured in Korea, set up in Cali.