Stiletto Deluxe-4 Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 01/05/2008 category: Bass Guitars
Schecter: Stiletto Deluxe-4
Sleek Euro-contoured basswood body, six-bolt rock maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and dot inlays, Diamond bass humbuckers, active 2-band EQ, and chrome hardware.
 7.3
 7.4
 7.2
 3,271
review (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
Stiletto Deluxe-4 Reviewed by: bohdannyman, on january 05, 2008

Features: I'm not sure when it was made, but I know for sure it was made in China. Twenty four jumbo frets, 6 bolt-on 34" maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, active Diamond Bass pickups, chrome hardware, and mine in particular is jet black. Unfortunately no straps or other accessories included. // 7

Sound: I've been playing guitar quite seriously for just over a year now, and I'm experimenting with other instruments. I mainly play rock, ranging from metal to softer stuff, and this bass (as far as I can tell) can handle just about anything you can throw at it. I'm playing it through a borrowed Peavey amp, and it sounds best when I'm playing Tool, or something Tool inspired. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up was nothing to complain about, but my guitar-savvy uncle is going to make some small adjustments so that it plays the best it can. I had no problems playing it right away, straight after buying it from the store. The action is fairly low, but still high enough so that slap sounds great. All the knobs work fine, and I've found no flaws on it so far. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It feels very sturdy, even though it's fairly light. I would definitely play with it at a live show, I think it could handle it no problem. However, I would never play a show without a backup, there's no saying what could happen. The finish seems durable, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will wear in the years to come. I've only tuned it a couple times, after traveling with it. // 8

Overall Impression: Besides this, I own a Fender Strat 50th Anniversary edition that I picked up at a pawn shop for quite the deal (I'm spoiled, I know). This bass fits my style of rock very well, and since I bought it on boxing day, I got it for a damn good deal too. For the price, I would recommend this bass for someone interested in rock/metal basses, maybe not fit for jazz style though. Not to mention it looks mighty fine. // 8

Comments