Stiletto Elite-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Stiletto Elite-4

If you're looking for an relatively inexpensive bass that plays like a Fodera, definitely check out the Schecter Stiletto Elite. When I was looking for a new four string, I was considering the Fender Marcus Miller Signature bass, Warwick Streamer LX, and a couple others as well. I picked up this bass and fell in love, I play it more often than my Corvette Proline which cost about twice the price. I'm telling you, this bass is the way to go.

Totally solid, neck through design is solid as a rock. The hardware and finihs have held up very well after having the bass three months. Besides the scratches that everything's going to get with playing, the bass still looks new.

This bass plays like something three times the price. If you're into slapping, this is the bass for you. I find myself being able to play remarkably faster on this bass than on any Fender or Warwick, and this bass is much more inexpensive than any high end instrument. I also own a Warwick Corvette Proline and this thing is definately comparable in every aspect. Everything was set up very well, the people at Schecter really know what they're doing. It comes with EMG's and Elixer's so that's a nice plus. I didn't have to do any tweaking when I got it home, it's great. Oh, and another thing, this bass is very nice looking. Quilted black cherry finish is gorgeous.

Made in Korea, but dont let this give you the wrong impression, this bass is amazing. 24 frets, Mahogany body, neck through construction. For controls you've got two volume and two tone controls, a set for each of the two EMG Hz soapbar pickups (stock, yeah, EMG's stock on a 700 bass). 34" scale, grover tuners. The bridge is pretty nifty, with a seperate piece of hardware for each string.

Synyster421
    You've got a great review, and I love this bass but I just thought I would point out that you have a picture of the stiletto elite-5 I believe, not the elite-4...so...yeah lol
    soulburn101
    just bought an elite 5. sounds, plays, and looks amazing. the gold hardware really pops out with the black cherry finish
    zach8505
    i love this bass, i bought it 3 months ago and its amazing, elite 4 black cherry, btw that is a elite-5 picture
    Clayton T Davis
    You couldn't have said it better! I love this bass and i wouldn't trade it for the world. It more than exceeded my expectations. I won't buy anything other than Schecter for now on.