Stiletto Studio-5 review by Schecter

Schecter: Stiletto Studio-5

A sound that can go from pounding metallic sounds to the overly subdued "bass you can fell" reggae style. By switching between pickups using the volume knobs and using the three tone knobs you can really get any sound from this intstrument. There is absolutely no unnesesecary noise or static and it can also produce a feedback sound, when desired, by tapping the back of the neck.

I wish that it had a pickup selector and volume knobs for easy tone changes but, really, that's not nescesarry. It is also perfectly balanced so that it won't fall out of your lap and hit you in the face. It truly is an amazing instrument, a perfect fit for any style of music, not just the hard rock Schecter is known for.

The strap buttons are amazingly well designed, the strap has never fallen off, and the guitar is very sturdy. I would definetely go to a gig with only this guitar, no backup is nescessary. It hasn't broken yet, and I don't expect it will anytime soon. Very well made.

The bass that I first brought home had a flaw in the battery compartment for the pickups and only allowed the bridge pickup to work, and at half volume. A week later, I went to the store to pick up my new bass, and they had forgotten my order, so I drove up to their other location about an hour away and grabbed one of theirs. Other than the battery compartment on the first bass nothing has been wrong, it's all perfect.

Comes stock with a pair of EMG HZ active pickups. A selection of chrome or satin finish hardware was given. A natural style finish with beautiful wood grain and three stripes up the center. Five knowb system three tone and two individual pickup volumes, 24 fret neck and massive cutaway. And my favorite feature is the thru-neck which gives you almost infinite sustain.

dyingbreed88
    Schecter guitars are quality guitars. I am not a metal head, but I haev a schecter classic. It has amazing clean sounds. They are great guitars, don't stereotype.
    Caustic
    I love this bass. Played it once and fell in love with it. Beautiful low B, thumping bass and singing treble. The tone control works great. I could get a zinging fusion tone and a lovely big-butt afro-caribbean sound going on with the right twiddling. Takes some time so no on-stage instant-tone switches, but if you're not playing with an EQ pedal you're silly On my list behind an Ashdown bass combo.
    Dudage
    I'm hardcore and I don't like them either. They feel shoddy to me.