Studio-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Studio-4

While many people associate Schecter guitars/basses with metal, this bass does so much more than that. With the onboard 3 band EQ, you can get pretty much any tone imaginable. I use it through an Ampeg BA115 and it sounds awesome. One complaint is that the E-string gets a bit boomy at times, but the other strings give a nice, compressed sound. It sustains well. This thing is pretty quiet, but it gives a BARELY noticeable hiss when the treble is 100% up. The sound of this bass suits my style, which is pretty much everything. I also liked how the knobs kinda have a half position so you can relatively know where your knobs are.

I play almost every kind of music and this fits the bill. The only thing I that it misses a bit is that no amount of EQ will change how hot these pickups are. I can get a pretty mellow tone, but I would love to have a bit more mellowness sometimes when I'm playing jazz. If this was stolen I would for sure buy it again. I love this baby. My favorite feature is the way it looks. I get quite a few compliments on it. If I had my choice I would want the pickups to be a BIT less hot, but you can't have everything. I was comparing it to a Jazz Bass 24 which was 100 bucks more, and I went with this because it has soapbars, neck through construction, and tone unlike a Fender, and a sexy finish.

This bass will surely be gigged with, and it looks like it will hold up to the job well. Everything seems nice and sturdy. The strap buttons are awesome, but I still want to put strap locks in. Just makes sense to me. I would have no problems gigging without a backup, just maybe a spare battery. The finish on this is amazing, no blemishes in it yet and I'm very clumsy.

Since I got it used, I can't comment on this too much. But what I can say is that this bass was awesome when it got to me. Perfectly intonated, and the action was only slightly lower than I like (but I like a high action). All of the routing and cutting was spot on, and the finish on this is amazing. Plus the instrument itself is quite a treat to look at. The neck on this thing is really thin, I find it to be to my liking very much. It feels different from your standard Pbass or Jazz. I happen to love it. I can slide up and down crazy fast. The fret access on this thing is amazing.

The Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 Bass Guitar is a sleek, sexy, sharp-looking bass loaded with features that count. Neck-thru construction gives it excellent sustain. A mahogany body gives it tone and resonance. EMG-Hz pickups and active 3-band tone circuitry deliver the output and dialability you need to cover all situations. The neck plays fast and smooth, and satin gold hardware beautifully complements the beauty of its satin-finished bubinga top. This thing has scads of things to mess around with. I got it a month ago and I'm still figuring stuff out about it!

infinitetoast
    I purchased this bass new and it blows my mind. The tone is really smooth, sometimes a bit boomy but I remedy that by leaving the treble knob cranked 100%. The quality of the construction feels great and the hardware is of excellent quality. I would reccomend this bass to anyone regardless of musical style, it can do it all.