Studio-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Studio-4

Lots of treble response, I would not say this is a good overall sound because it lacks a lot of that bassy punch. For slap style it's perfect and for just jammin but I gotta say I do like a little kick to my basses. I do play it hooked to a lot of effects and it gets a really cool kind of "out there" experimental tone. It handles all the effexts I hook it to very well especially the disd. As much as I like more lows the treble seems to do the distortion some good

I mostly play for a hardcore band and with my style of music I could make this bass work but it ould not easily fit into the blend. At home I play a lot of slap and funk which this bass goes along amazing with. I also play for a praise and worship band at church and I would love to try this thing out one week because I think it would go great onstage there. So the bass a little on the lighter side musicwise but I'm gonna give it a good rating anyway. It's hard to explain but you wanna know why? Go play one and find out.

This guitar has been in our shop for quite awhile and I honestly don't know why. I would think this bass would be gone as soon as it came in the door. It is well set up and ready to go, I believe it could well stand up to any show without a backup needed. Hard to say whether or not I think the finish ould last. It seems very reliable in every other aspect and I see no reason why it wouldn't be but the extremely thick laquer coat has me wondering about that. Maybe it's just this one?

Guys I am dissapointed to say this is a bass I do not currently own but God do I wish I do. Stashed with all the rest of the basses in the corner where I work it may not seem to stand out but this is by far one brutal beast of a bass. I can say that I own an Ernie ball Stingray, and as far as speed this bass beats out even that. The Schecter is the fastest bass I have ever played. The finish is amazing, this bass was sent from God, the looks that kill.

Up for grabs is a 2006 model Schecter studio 4. Active pickups, and don't give up just yet. Two mini-style EMG humbuckers give it a nice little tone. It has a master volume with a blend control and a three band EQ as well as a 24 jumbo fret setup and a nice mahogany wood for that full rich look and tone. And to top it all off it's neck through for killer sustain.

USAPeavey
    I don't really like their guitars, but I must admit that Schecter makes some pretty sexy basses.
    EmancipatedSoul
    danny_plantain
    i got this in a 5 string with red finish, practically stole it for $350, brand new, love it, love it, love it, best purchase ever
    infinitetoast
    EmancipatedSoul wrote: If it was available in fretless, i would buy it. otherwise ill look into getting one of these in my shop. sexy thing.
    They are available in fretless, check the website.