Studio-4 review by Schecter

Schecter: Studio-4

This bass has the ability to highlight whatever sound you would like. It also allows you to choose from a full, fantastically rich sound and the brightest of brights it also has a kind of Funky White Boy sound if you set it correctly. I play mostly funk and some jazz and rock. This bass works for me better than any bass I've seen for the price. I also use a multi effects pedal bard, and it works great with all of the many sounds available.

As stated before I play funk, jazz, rock, and basically anything that sounds cool. This bass sounds perfect for what I believe a bass should sound like. With it's rich lows and bright highs it's capable of producing any kind of sound. I've been playing for about two and a half years, which I know doesn't sound like much, but when you're 15 and don't have a car, a lot of progress can be made. I own a BA115HP, and Ibanez ATK Bass, a Boss multi-effect peddle, and a Fender acoustic guitar (not bass). The only thing that I wish this bass had was a passive setting, this is only because sometimes you just want that feel.

I think this bass can withstand any kind of beating I can do to it. The hardware is great. If it needed changing it would only be preference. I'm used to installing a straplok system in my basses, but these buttons are very dependable, now I don't even think about it falling. Gigs are no problem for this bass, I've played a couple in the time I've had it, and wish that I had had this bass before.

I was actually really surprised at the way the bass was set up. The construction is almost flawless, and the body is just perfect for my body type. The pickups were adjusted just how I like them, and the action was fantastic, I'm usually used to having to adjust all that, but it saved me a little bit of time by not needing it.

I got this bass about a month ago and it is probably one of my favorite basses out there. It's a nice 24 fret neck-thru design. It's got a gorgeous finish (honey satin) and feels great whilst you play. It's got a pair of active Emg's and the controls let you dial in about any sound you want. I use this bass in tandem with an Ampeg BA115HP and it sounds great. The bass didn't come with any accessories, but the bass alone was accessory enough for me.