Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special review by Silvertone

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

It sounds [sounded] good for metal. It's got a lot of edge to it, but it can also get pretty warm. I played it thought a Peavey Maxx Bass 112 with a Boss NS-2 pedal. It's not too noisy unless you turn the edge up. It's kinda mild sound, its not really rich and full, but it's not like your playing nothing. It's really only got 3 sounds. Edgy, Kinda Edgy, not edgy.

I play metal, and this guitar seems to do that well, but nothing else. I've played for 4 years, and I have an ESP B-206 as well as a Behringer BRX1800H and an Acoustic B115. I have a Boss NS-2 pedal. It was great for a starter guitar, and I wish I would have asked about the life span and brand of pickups. If it were lost or stolen, I would be very upset, and I would try to find another but because its limited edition, I don't think you can buy any new ones. I love the body style and look of it. I hate the balance of the guitar. There's no certain feature I love about it. I can't really compare it to anything besides a Dean V. This bass looks better, and I feel like it's got a better sound. I wish it had a better strap button position.

I wouldn't really play a show with this guitar. I found it hard to play standing up. It's hard to play sitting down. I wouldn't gig with it without a back up. I would use it as a back up, because that's about all I can find it really useful for. The hardware is good. The strap buttons are about worthless. After it just popped of the strap the 4th time and fell top down I bought strap locks and haven't turned back from them. The high end on the pickups is really hard to produce after 4 years of playing on them, they're starting to go out. The finish should last a very long time.

The action was okay, I did lower it some to make it easier to play since I was just starting out. I've never needed to adjust the pick ups on this guitar ever. Everything else was great on it. I bought it used so there were some small chips on it, but other then that it was great. Everything was clean, tight, and nicely adjusted.

I believe this was a 2006 model. To be honest I can't remember but I think Indonisia. 22 XJ Frets The neck is almost flat, and almost a C shape. It's funky.. Rosewood fretboard on a Maple neck Basswood body Metallic Black paint with Red bevels Just a regular bass bridge A passive single coil, and a split passive humbucker. Volume, Tone, and balance knobs. I think they're just straight up Silvertone pickups. The Tuners aren't anything special.

6stringbassist
    You have nothing to say about it besides its ugly? I mean it would have been easier to not say anything at all...