SSLB11 Revolver review by Silvertone

Silvertone: SSLB11 Revolver

The sound is great for such a cheap guitar. I originaly bought it to practise with, and as a bass to play live. I play mostly Metal/Rock. The sound is great, even with the amp that it comes with. Its clean, Smooth, and very loud. There is not much variety, but with what it DOES come with, I don't see why you would need more than it already has.

I have had this guitar for over 2 years now, and its still in great condition. I love this guitar, I plan on using it untill its nothing but sawdust and chrome peices. It sounds great, looks great, and it was reasonably priced. I don't think I would buy another one.

This guitar would be good for something like a Coffee House, and I beleive it would do good at something bigger. The hardware is great on this, nothing out of place or damaged. The base strap button did fall off though, it is a heavy guitar and I can understand, but I wasn't particularly pleased with that. As far as playing it goes, I'm sure that even if you did drop it, it would leave no more than a scratch. It is a pretty thick finish.

The finish is beautiful. A nice black, and very shiny and smooth. The pickups are good. It has a great setup, its a solid guitar. It had no flaws when I bought it, but it did fall a few times (hyperactive puppy running around like a psycho) and it did scratch the back, so I'd say be careful and put it on a good stand, but besides that, nothing.

4-string bass guitar, 34 in. long scale, 20 fret maple neck with Rosewood fretboard, 1 split style pickup, 1 volume and 1 tone control, chrome die-cast enclosed tuning machines and a fully adjustable chrome bridge. Came with picks, a 10 watt amp, gig bag, cable and some tools.

Mesquitesmoke
    Put some Fender nylon tape-wound strings and it will sound great with the stock pickups, assuming you are plugged into a decent amp. I got a "B" stock, and the tone pot or capacitor were't working, so I just took it out and also replaced the volume pot with a stock Fender CTS 250k. The electrics are now simpler,more reliable.
    formarkp
    Picked this bass up off CL for $20. I've been playing for about 30 years and had, and still have many bases, from Squiers to a Kubicki Factor. This is a quality bass for the price. The bass needed some tweaking when I got it because the original owner did nothing but play it until the strings broke. : After a good tune-up, the bass has a nice low action with no buzzing at all. Just playing it un-amplified, it has a nice rich tone, similar to a $1500 Fender Pbass. I actually like this over an MIM for sure. I put some good strings, Duncan quarter pounders, and a Fender pickguard. What a transformation! Now it sounds as good as it plays, and looks like the real deal. With the new Duncan's, it really sounds great. The Volume and Tone actually work now! : Eventually I'll get a better bridge, but this one works. What I like about this is the look. I really hate the huge Fender head. The Silvertone has a nice sleek head. The stock pickguard is REALLY cheap, and looks it. I got a $22 gloss black Fender 3-ply, and it now looks like a much more expensive bass. I've been playing a long time and can confirm that overall, this is a great bass for the price. Learn now, and then you can do some inexpensive upgrades to make it a keeper. OR, you can save some money and get one of these, upgrade it immediately, and have a player!