Euro 5 Review

manufacturer: Spector date: 03/06/2009 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Spector: Euro 5
Exotic top (spalted maple), 5 strings, 35" scale, mine came with the EMG BQC pre already installed, EMG DC-40 pickups, strap locks, gold hardware, excellent tuners. Just nothing to complain about.
 9.5
 1,912
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
Euro 5 Reviewed by: MorganBAss, on march 06, 2009

Price paid: A$ 1600

Purchased from: second hand

Features: The Spector euro 5LX is made in Czech Rebulic in 2003 (according to serial number). It has two EMG-DC pickups and Spector TonePump circuit. The bass features the fully carved and curved original NS body shape. The body is of solid alder and the wings have 3 layers: figured maple on top, a slice of walnut, and an alder back for a stronger fundamental. The fretboard is 24-fret in rosewood with crown mother of pearl inlays. My bass is black cherry with high gloss finish. // 9

Sound: I love this bass, particularly becuase it's 5 string, so I can have that lower sound for a lot of the metal I play. It's versitile and the action is great on this bass, so you can go from thrashing it out to playing some slap-funk in a heart beat. It's got a good bit of growl without getting too mid-heavy with a nice high end. You can achieve warm and mellow tones by turning down the treble and/or putting on some flat-wounds. I play my bass through a GK 700H head through a GK 115RBH cab. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This was second hand so can't really comment on the set-up. However, apart from some cracks in the finish there is nothing wrong. No signs of any factory flaws. It's a solid bass, with good action and the finish seems like it would of been perfect when original bought. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a solid bass, it takes a good thrashing and I have been playing it almost everyday since I got it about a year ago and it's still working fine. I am still careful of it, only because (apart from the previous damage) she is beautiful. The strap buttons are solid, it's hardware like the rest of it is hardy and I can see myself still playing this bass far into the future. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything from metal, punk and rock. So this bass is perfect for all of my music needs. I have been playing for over 2 years and I also play on a Fender '62 reissue P-Bass and a OLP MM2 through a GK 700 H Head and 115RBH cab. I love this bass more than my Fender and if it was lost or stolen I would deffinitely buy this bass again. // 9

More Spector reviews rating category latest review
+ ReBop 5DLX 9.8 Bass Guitars 05/31/2013