NS4-CRFM Review

manufacturer: Spector date: 07/17/2003 category: Bass Guitars
Spector: NS4-CRFM
24 fret rosewood neck, 2 volume controls, bass and treble control, p/j EMG active pickups, Agular preamp, 3 piece rockmaple neckthrough boby design, solid brass bridge.
 9.6
 6.4
 1,275
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
NS4-CRFM Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 17, 2003

Features: This is a beautiful bass made in the Czech Republic. Its 4 strings on a very thin and great playing 24 fret rosewood neck. Its got a breathable natural finish that feels and sounds great but means that you have to be very carefull with what gets on it because it can sink right into the wood. There are two volume controls for each pickup, and a bass and treble control. Its got p/j EMG active pickups and an Agular preamp that gives it a great sound. Its is a 3 peice rockmaple neckthrough boby design and a solid brass bridge. Schaller tuners and came with a case. // 10

Sound: I've been playing standup string bass for 5 years and bass guitar for a year now, and I haven't heard this kind of sound quality from any other bass Ive played. Its got a real versitile sound, and its controls let it go from a real sharp metalic sound to a more passive jazzy sound real easily. I dont get any of the static that I used to get with me Ernie ball knockoff and it sounds great all across the board. It looks and sound like a studio bass but its versitile enough I would be confident in playing it anywhere. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got the bass used and the place I got it from was great and set the whole thing up for me acording to my standards, and even put on a new pair of strings. So it came to me exactly how I wanted it, but its got a very easy setup to change and mess around with. There are no flaws in the wood or neck, and it still retains its shine on the tuners and bridge. Now manufacturing problems of any kind. // 10

Reliability & Durability: When I first got it I was reakl carefull with it because I haven't ever really sprnt tha much on an Insrument before, but I soon realized how durable it is. Is is a soft wood and can be dented, but that also means it is a little lighter, which was a big problem with my previous bass. I have complete faith in it though, and would not worry about backups or anything. There was a loose strap button form previous use, but that was easily fixed, and a result of softer wood. // 8

Overall Impression: I play with this on a b-50r ampeg and it sounds great. I can get it to fit any style of playing and its does everything I could want from it. Spector is a brand I could stick with and this bass is a bass that I could play for the rest of my life. // 10

Comments