Affinity Jazz Bass V review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Jazz Bass V

I guess because its a five string it is built more solid (?) but it adds a great amout of sustain to it and I have used it for many a pink floyd song (Three pigs, echoes, to name a few). The sound itself it a bit flat and tinny but adjustments through the pickup height can solve that.

Very good, I wish I had saved up for Fender Jazz V Standard, but what I have is fine. I have often though about upgrading to Seymour Duncan pickups but its hard to find passive 5 string bass pickups. For what I paid I think I got a good deal. This is definitely worth buying.

This guitar will survive a long time unless something happens externally. I have used this countless times and it has never failed me once, except the time I broke a string on stage and it sliced my hand a bit, not a pretty sight (we tuned it up a whole step for the song).

Everything was good when I got it, however the action was really high, Guitar Center fixed it no charge. The nut was fine the truss rod and neck was fine. Hardware is good, nothing special. No flaws were evident and Guitar Center saw no problem so I was really happy with what I got.

Made in Japan. 22 Frets. Fixed bass bridge. Passive Electronics. Two volume and a Master tone. Mexican Fender Jazz Bass tuners. Basically your Standard Jazz Bass Specs. I had no accessories added on to it other than a 1/4" cable that broke a couple days later.