Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

Purchased from: Andertons, Guildford

This bass is good for begginners, but not more much than that. If you are more advanced than that either get a Fender jazz or P-Bass. I've only been playing about 6 months, and its still ok for me, but hopefully I should get a Mark Hoppus Bass early next year. If it was lost, broken, etc now I'd buy a Squier jass bass for now, unless I've got the money for the Mark Hoppus Bass. In a way I do regret not trying out any other basses, because I would have got a Squier jazz bass instead, but oh well it does the job.

I havent done any proper gigs with this as I'm not in a band just yet, but it does well if I'm practicing with a mate or on my own, etc. I'd only bring another bass along if I needed a different tuning for a song. The finish on the body is good (only has one crack) but it does get knocked about quite a bit (I'm clumsy). And to look after the bass a bit more I replaced the strap buttons with dunlop straploks which help a lot. The bass overall should last for quite a while, however the bridge does need to be readjusted to lift the strings off of the frets every now and then.

I played the bass in the store and everything was setup well, so I jus took it home like that but in the gig bag. Only thing I could say thats not really that good with the setup is the tone/ volume switches have a tendency to come lose and fall off, but thats nothing major.

I got a standard Squier Affinity P-Bass, metallic red, Made in China. Nothing fancy. 20 medium frets, etc what you'd expect on a Squier. I bought it on its own but with a ritter gig back rather than buying the whole Squier Bass pak as I was poor at the time. It's pretty good for what I paid and what I play.