Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

I have played all sort of music on this bass and its very versatile even jazz and funk. I use a 15 watt hiwatt practice amp and am impressed with the setup. The sound is good.

This is a good match for any rock styles and can be used for jazz if set up correctly. I've been playing bass and this one for a year. This is my only bass so far but am hooked on precisions and am saving p for a Fender. If this bass was lost or stolen I would not be guaranteed to by another one as with lower range instruments quality is not the same for all basses in the range. I think I have found an exeptionally good one and I would not buy another bass without playing it and finding the same qualities or other good qualities in it. What I love is its value for money and its look. What I hate is that squiers have a bad reputation. I compared it to all the basses in a large music shop in liverpool just down the road were the beatles started there career, they did not have a Lennon Rickenbacker so I had to settle for this lol. I chose this one because it was the best of the bunch for my price range. I with it had more tonal control and more frets.

I believe my guitar will hold up for live performance I've had only one problem when one of the controls fell of but it was loosening for weeks. It was simpler even for me to repair and I don't count it as a repair. The strap buttons are solid but with a live performance I would always use buttons jut incase. Hardwear looks like it will last quite well. I would use it in a gig without a backup if I had confidence in my strings I'm sure it wouldnt let me down but id need something else ready quickly if a string snapped (I'm not changing a string in the middle of a set). For a more advanced bassist who is on a budget it would be a good backup bass as its reliable, tough and a good worker. The finish is good so far even though I havent been the kindest user.

The guitar was set up well from the factory the action is fine and I was a complete begginer when I picked up the bass a year ago and Is comfortable to play. I'm no expert but have had no problems with pickups. The bass was perfect as far as I know when I got it.

This bass was made in china probably about 2 to 3 years ago. Its got 20 frets and is full scale. 2 control's tone and volume. It is the Affinity series Squire P-Bass.