Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

Price paid: C$ 120

Sounds good, noisy as all hell unless you ground yourself then not a sound outa her but the buzz is astonishing. Not a lot of tone flexability but if it's put in the right place it sounds really reallyt good. I love the sound unless you stop playing it and don't touch it lol. Slap sounds good, but finger picking isn't a great sound unless you hardly touch the strings. With a pick and playing mainly grunge or pop-punk/alternative stuff it sounds great though. Even for some ska but I prefer something with a thinner neck.

I like it but it's not I would suggest as a cheap backup not even a beginer bass. If your switching from guitar to learn bass even go with a Jazz bass in any case really, thinner neck and more versitile. This bass is what it is, a good solid bass, but not very versitile and not for complicated bass lines. I love it for my more mainstream simple songs in E or Eb. I hate trying to play Ska on it, or in drop tunings. I like how heavy it is though but it's a bit to neck heavy and unbalenced. I wish it had a single coil near the bridge jsut to make it a bit mroe versitile even if I never used that pickup anyways. If it were stolen I'd get a Fender not sure if I'd even bother with a P-Bass though.

I treat this thing pretty well but she hasn't failed on me yet. Haven't giged with it and if I do it's going to be jsut a backup anyways. I do think though that it will do the trick but if it's your main bass, bring a backup. Would like to add too that Fender's strap buttons are garbadge so if your going to gig with it, get strap locks. The finish will last I know this because I own multiple Squires.

Well I bought mine used so as of factory set up Who knows. The set up though is good, I like it. It plays very well however I used a Peavy Milestone which has the smallest neck of any bass but the Squire Branco bass so to me it was huge. I still don't use it for a lot of songs as I tend to be all over the place and this thing is just killer on the arm. The finish is really nice, it's a blue that has like a purple tint, I really like the looks of this bass, it's plain looking but still beautiful.

Like every Squire out there just the bare minimum. One split single coil pickup with a tone and volume knob (I was surprised to see a Squire with a tone knob it's the first of my 3 with one). 20 medium jumbo frets, alder body apparently if I recall corectly. 4 string bass and very plain and standard. Wish it had a bit more to make it less bassic.