Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

Price paid: C$ 120

Purchased from: Kijiji

This guitar has some good variety, it depends on if you want the deep growl from it. I personaly really like it for most of what I play but usualy I use a jazz bass because of the large neck. Suits just about anything really well, like I said though it comes down to preference. You get the deep growl regardless, but it has a bit of variety going from very dark and deep to rough, I don't notice much difference when I finger pick though. Just seems to get muddy with the tone on 0.

The genra I'm moving into right now is ska and I'm using this bass primarily in it. It suits the genra very well I think. I've been playing 5 years and own a slew of guitars and amps, this isn't my favorite of the bunch but it's not ready for the sell pile yet anyways. If it were stolen I'd just build myself a new one, I plan on doing so anyways. I love it's sound and looks, but don't particularly care for the neck, that being said the guitar over all has a nice feel. This is a great beginer bass for sure and defenitly something good for a person on a budget, it's very close to a Fender in my opinion however with bass the differences are quite small.

Nothings gone wrong with it so far, the hardware seems solid, however the same can't be said about the strap buttons. Fenders strap buttons are horible period. I'm sure though that it'd withstand a Live show, but I would never gig without a backup even if I was using an american Fender P Bass. I think though she'll look good for a long time and I don't see why it wouldn't last for a long time.

I don't know about factory set up but the previous owner had it set up pretty good. Very small adjustments were needed on the pickup because the lower strings weren't volume leveled with the high strings. The action is alright, not near as sweet as a jazz though. The guitar was surprisingly flawless for it's finish which is a beautiful metalic blue that looks a bit purple. It's a beautiful looking guitar.

Made in Indonishia, as old as 2004 but no newer then 2006 so it's the better P Bass, when they started using alder for the body. 20 frets on probably the bigest neck ever made which after a while I like. The scale is either normal or large. Passive electronics and your basic P Bass hardware and a split single coil. I got a gig bag and a strap with mine.