Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

The sound it suprisingly versatile. I play in a lot of different groups, and I go to my squire for each one. You can get sharp bass tones for Green Day type punk, or roll off the tone knob a little for classic rock like CCR or Bob Seger. I also use this for jazz band because I can find a good tone for each song with a little adjustment to the tone knobs. I also own a Jackson bass with active Duncans, but the tone was nearly as good as he P-Bass. The Squire is also very quiet, so no buzzing.

If you're concerned about build quality because of the affinity strats, don't be. these are much better quality. I've been playing bass two years, which is how long I've had this bass, and guitar for 3 years. I usually use it with a Peavey TKO 115 without any effects.The only thing I would change would be the pots. I also plan on getting a Fender neck with a maple fretboard, because I prefer the maple over rosewood. Great bass that too many people overlook. It will last with every day use. I know because I play at least 4 -6 hours a day(I play in a school sponsered band, school's symphonic band, and a jazz band.) If you are just getting into bass, you'll love this and will probably never have to replace it.

This guitar will withstand Live playing. I play Live several times a week with different groups and it always holds up beautifully. It can definitely take a beating. I play bass in my school's marching band, and this my bass fell on a concrete track 6 times over 2 weeks. the paint is chipped, but there is no structural damage to the bass. It actually has a really cool road-worn look to it because of the chipped paint. And yes, I would do gig without a backup because this bass has never let me down, unlike my Jackson bass.

Well, I bought it used, so I can't really say about factory setup, but the previous owner had setup the bass really well. It has a fairly low action and no fret buzz. The intonation is fine until you get around the 15th fret or above, but I'm yet to find this a problem.I had some problems with the volume and tone knobs coming off, but I replaced them and it solved the problem. One other complaint I have is with the pickguard that was on it. Someone tripped over my cord at band practice, and the cord brought up the input jack which broke off the surrounding area of the pickguard. Frets, hardware, and strap buttons are all solid.

Not sure of the year, but it mine was made in China. It has a 20 fret maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. It's listed with a "hardwood body"..not sure what they mean by that. It has a split-coil pick up which makes getting most any bass sound you need simple. 1 volume and 1 tone knob, so controls are pretty simple, I bought mine used, so I just recieved the bass, but I play through a variety of Peavey amps and it has a great tone through each amp.

Lemurs4mangos
    guitaruboy wrote: its easier for bass guitars to be better because they have less strings to worry about
    Okay listen here. I am what my band calls a "Lead Bassist" I play kick ass solos and some sick lead parts at times. BAss is more than a background instrument. Listen to Pulling Teeth - Metallica (Cliff Burton) ALL bass.
    purebredmutt
    i lolled at this. wtf does having less strings got to do with anything?
    Donovant22
    Got mine as a gift used, and it is still in great condition. Solid, sounds good (not great). It's sometimes hard to tune. Also, E string will get out of tune for no reason sometime. I'd give it an 8.