Affinity Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Affinity Precision Bass

Price paid: C$ 150

Purchased from: Long and McQuade (used)

Well the P-Bass is well suited for all forms of music but I mostly play rock and blues and it gets the job done.I play it throught a regular bass amp (clean channel) and my settings are all at around 5. It is only noisy when I am not touching it (it isnt grounded in this case) but otherwise its silent. The good thing with this bass is that you can get a wide range of sounds from slap bass to death metal drop z tuning.

As I said before, I play blues and rock and this works for both really well.I have been playing for a couple of years now and I think this bass is great. I only wish it had better pups but I think I will get new ones soon anyways. If it were stolen or lost I would probably go buy a Fender split p-bass/j-bass pup bass for the versatility. I don't hate anything about this guitar at all. I love how solid it is and I love the sound I get from it. I only wish it had different pups, but as I said I'm getting new ones soon.

I have used this guitar with my Jazz band and an orchestra and it works for everything. I have used it live about 20-30 times and it worked great. It has a Fender bridge and these have the most sustain of any bass out there. The Strap buttons are also quite solid. As I said before I have used it lots w/out a backup so no need for one yet.the finish is really tough, just a chip in the top horn that was there when I got it and nothing has happened to it yet. (knock on wood)

Well since I got it used it was set up okay but recently I have lowered the action to make it easier to play up high. Everything was set up fine. I currently have 130, 100, 80, 60 gauge strings on it, tuned BEAD and it even gets the low b without distorting. The only problem is the d seems to distort when I get louder but I think its just too close to the pickup cause it just started recently.

This bass was crafted in china from canadian maple and other woods. It is, I believe, 2000 to 2003. It has 20 medium frets a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a burgondy finish and still has the stock pickups. It has a single split P-Bass pickup and 1 volume and 1 tone knob. Everything on it is stock except for the strings and it still feels great.

afloatingcactus
    ive played guitar for 3 years and wanted to buy a bass. i got this used for $75 (plus another 25 cuz it badly needed new strings) and as far as i can see its a solid instrument, however i have very little experience as a bassist