Bronco Bass review by Squier

Squier: Bronco Bass

My style of music is Indie/Rock. This bass goes well with that syle and can also play some funky stuff to. At the moment I am Using a Marshall Bass 12 Amp. The bass has quite a Rich and Full sound and is very versitile because I believe it can play all sorts of music on it. The bass is ok for slap bass and has a clear sound. (no hissing or scratchiness).

The guitar is great for a cheap starter guitar and has a similar sound to the P-Bass. I probably wouldn't get this bass again if it was to be stolen. Not because it's bad but just because I would want to upgrade to something Fender. You wont go wrong with a Bronco Bass.

Reliability & Durability When I purchased the bronco the action was perfect and still is after 6 months. There have been no chips on it although it has had a few bumps. The finish doesn't come off easily and I can honestly say squiers products are long lasting.

The action on the bass was set up well and I haven't had to lower of higher it. There were no loose guitar parts at all when I bought it and it is a good quality wood. The only problem with the bass is the pickup. Although the bass gives out a great sound it could be a lot better if it was to have better pickups. The guitar only has 1 pickup up and no pickup knobs.

The Bronco Bass is a great starter bass guitar and is a Squier version of the Fender P-Bass. The guitar was a reasonable price of 160 and they threw in a guitar stand with it. The one thing I love about the bronco is the neck. The neck is smooth and you can play very fast on it because it is short scale. The bronco has 20 frets and has a nice red finish. This guitar sounds very much like the Fender P-Bass.

MEmmett
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Seymour Duncan pickup. I'm definate it isn't the Squier version of the P-Bass; the Squier P-Bass is the Squier version of the P-Bass.
    chillipepper777
    Its best to replace the standard pick up with a seymor duncan hot rails guitar pick up (neck position). Also some people by pass the volume and tone pots and just connect the pick up to the jack. In this way the amp get the full signal. Overall the Bronco is a fun , tough and cheap little bass.
    wilkozade2005
    yey tis my first bass have had it bout a month and is brill! only cost me 80 and sounds great i agree the pickup could changed or something but i cba
    shortscale
    I've been playing bass for about 30 years now. I own a bronco. In that 30 years I have had many different basses. I am not any kind of brand snob. I used to take a lot of flak over my and cheapo copies and strange unheard of brands, but, you won't play any better on the most expensive bass. One of my coolest basses was during the 80's punk era - a ten dollar garage sale special - no idea what weird off beat brand it was -it had a home-made particle board body spray painted with lots of drips and runs. it also had wires hanging out of it here and there. all the frets had been pried out. you WOUND'T believe the cool sounds I could get out that thing! Anyway, about my Bronco. Nice neck, machine heads fair, pickup so-so bridge only has two saddles instead of four, Body style,non-metallic red paint and white pick guard are BORRRRINNNGG. It is the most boring-looking bass I have ever owned I will have to put stickers all over it or something change the pick-guard. About the price? well,I've never spent much, the most I ever spent was $359 for a new Yamaha fretless. I'd rather have bought something cooler looking second-hand but couldn't find any used short-scales, which was my main consideration. In a word, it's....ok.
    shadow of deth
    i played this at guitar center a few weeks ago what a waste its so small sounds bad there are a lot better squiers out there
    Morphox
    I don't play a lot of bass, I mainly play guitar but wanted a bass in case I ever got bored... I had a Squier Strat as my first guitar and I'd say it was the best beginner guitar I could have got. Based on the presumption that Squier was a quality beginner instrument, I got a Squier Bronco bass. I may just be a shit bassist (so far) but I think the action is way to high and it's very hard to play (compared to all the other basses I've played). I feel ripped off because of it's hard to play and the pickups are... not that good. I payed quiet alot for it and want my money back.