Bronco Bass review by Squier

Squier: Bronco Bass

Purchased from: TradeMe (secondhand)

With the shit stock pickup it sounded horrible on anything even remolely distorted or bright and buzzed and hissed terribly. I'm using it with a pretty nice Line6 Low Down amp, so that wasn't the problem. I replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Little '59 and now it sounds pretty good, still a bit squeaky on the highs, but not a problem. If you were to replace the pickups, I would probably reccomend putting in actual bass pickups or even a rail pickup so that it lines up properly. With the stock pickup it was about a 5 or 6, but now it sounds awesome and totally suits my playing style (alternative, Indie rock, chillwave) and has a great range of sounds.

This is a great match for alternative and Indie rock. This bass was my first bass and was a great beginner instrument. If it got stolen, I would probably move on to a different bass, just because I think that this needs a bit of modification before it's a good bass. I bought this on a whim and I wish I knew about the crap pickup, and the extra $70 I had to put in, but it was totally worth it. If I knew better, I probably would've gotten some cool rails or something but, the Lil' 59 works just fine for me. All in all, this bass is great if you're willing to put a bit of extra time and effort into it and by the way, I overpaid.

This thing could deflect bullets. I've made dents in my wall with it (accidentally of course) and dropped it so many times, and it has not a single scratch. The hardware would probably last forever and I would have no problem taking this gigging without a backup.

I bought this second hand, but it was pretty much brand-new. It was set up pretty nicely, but has a bit of buzz on a few frets, but nothing that gets picked up. The guitar's really light and quite easy to play, and as I said earlier, I can move really fast up and down the neck. No major flaws in anything and it hardly ever comes out of tune unless I make some hardcore bends.

My Bronco was made in Indonesia, don't know what year. It has 19 frets on a maple neck and is really comferable to play on. I can move really fast up and down the neck and there aren't any sharp edges or anything. The body is agathis and is has a polyurathane finish. It has some sort of cheap two saddle bridge, but it works fine. It comes with a Squire guitar pickup that's complete crap, but can be replaced quite easily. Standard controls, volume, tone.