Bronco Bass review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Squier: Bronco Bass

Price paid: C$ 130

Purchased from: Sherwood Music

I has a bad non-distorted sound, and a cheap distortion. I mostly play alternative and other rock. It suits it okay, but it'd probably be better for grunge. It has a HUGE variety of sounds. Not very good clean sound, though. Distortion is alright, though not revolutionary.

I play this bass with a simple Traynor 10 watt Bass Mate. If it were stolen, would I buy another one? No. I would probably get an EB-0 Bass (Epiphone). I love it's versitility. I hate it's pickup. I plan to keep it for a long time, and change the pick-up, and the bridge, and stuff like that. Overall, it's cheap in cost and quality. But some things (like the strap-buttons) are good. If you buy a good pickup as well, it's worthwhile. Otherwise, go with an EB-0.

This bass will withstand live playing! It is indestructible! The hardware is livible, though not very good. The strap buttons are incredible! The best I have ever seen. Although it's not the greatest bass, it's dependable for sure! The finish seems very thick. Reliability & Durability are this things strongest suit.

I got this Bass used, and the action was fine, but a little low. The pickup was well adjusted. Frankly, though, it was slightly rusted hardware, one of the tuning pegs is a bit loose, the nut it plastic, and the fretwire could be better. It's a good bass for beginers, though.

My Squier Bronco Bass is a 2006, and it was made in Indonesia. It has 19 frets, (and a 20 1/2 inch short-scale) It's kinda like a strat in shape, but a little different. There's just 1 volume and 1 tone knob. There's just one 6 pole pick-up. Worst pick-up ever.

TheResults
    MEmmett wrote: I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Seymour Duncan pickup. I'm definate it isn't the Squier version of the P-Bass; the Squier P-Bass is the Squier version of the P-Bass.
    My bassist has this bass and it comes with a guitar pickup. Yes, A GUITAR PICKUP! I swapped it for a Basslines by seymour Quarter Pounder
    TheResults
    awifal
    TheResults wrote: PLEASE take off your pickguards and see the pickup... ITS NOT A BASS PICKUP! THANKS SQUIER!
    lol Thats very funny. But it is really cheap and beginners won't tell the difference anyway
    Ronbeast
    People really get their panties in a bunch over the fact that squier used a guitar pickup in their bass. If you don't like it, have a look at companies like Rickenbacker who have done this for years. Also, to say new players won't notice the difference is true, but 90% of experienced people wouldn't be able to tell either. The 6 pole pieces of the guitar pickup create an even magnetic field that each string cuts through, much the same as a 4 pole bass pickup would offer. I've even used Pickups from Dimarzio Like the X2N-7 in basses with great success. Most times, guitar pickups and bass pickups are voiced incredibly similarly, the only real thing you have to look out for is string spacing. My only quarrel with the pickup is the fact that it is a little weak, and it's not incredibly versatile. It doesn't sound bad in my opinion.