Classic Vibe Precision '60s review by Squier

Squier: Classic Vibe Precision '60s

Purchased from: Dolphin Music

Does what a Precision does ok. Loads of bass extension, possibly too much but it can be eq'ed out. Slightly short of thump and punch. Probably not the first choice for slapping but I don't so it doesn't matter to me. Initially I was a little disappointed with the sound but it does respond well to eq both through my amp and direct into a mixer & studio monitors. I haven't yet played at volume but suspect that this bass will rock. I haven't noticed any buzz or hum.

Good for rock or other music requiring a deep bass sound. I like to play different types of music from rock to folk and this guitar will have a good stab (with amp eq) at anything. I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz which is fantastic and my fav. between these two basses I've got all bases covered (pun?!). Both I prefer to My Ibanes ATK300 with its actives. I really like the colour and traditional shape which like the jazz just works. I dislike over-designed, trying too hard stuff. There are loads of good kit out there and this may be the bass for you. Excellent value but I may just replace the pickup with a Quarter-Pounder to get a more punchy sound. If you have any comments especially if you have changed the PUPs on one of these.

Everything about this guitar looks and feels like quality. The strap buttons are solid and hold the strap well. The pots are sound & smooth. I'm sure this guitar will be good for years. I usually wear the frets away. There isn't much to go wrong and I'm sure it will stand gigging no bother. No pesky batteries to go flat either.

The action needed a little setting-up as did the intonation especially the G string. This doesn't matter one jot because when setup the action is pretty good. The guitar finish is as far as I can see perfect. It stays in tune for ages and intonation up the neck is OK. All the hardware looks and feels good.

Bought just 1 week ago. Fiesta Red. They say:

- Body: Basswood
- Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape, Gloss Polyester Finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (241 mm) Radius
- Frets: 20, Vintage Style
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Open Gear Tuning Machines
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Bridge with Brass Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise Shell/White/Black
- Pickups: 1 Custom Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup with AlNiCo V Magnets
- Pickup Switching: N/A
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Strings: Fender Bass 7250M, Gauges: (.045, .065, .085, .105), p/n 073-7250-406
- Unique Features: Vintage Styling, Tinted Neck, Knurled Chrome Dome Control Knobs, Gold Squier Logo, Thumbrest, Synthetic Bone Nut

Marcel Veltman
    I would give this bass 9,5 out of 10. I play the older sonic blue one for some years now, and I find it utterly convincing. Strong points: the finish, out of the crate spot on intonation and above all the exquisite woods. Everything not covered by paint is absolutely top quality material, and most probably the painted body as well. Only the tuners had to give way for aftermarket Schallers. Even then the Squier is a lot cheaper than the cheapest Fender Mex, and probably better. Maybe some would replace the pick-up for more powerfull active EMG's, but those people would not be happy with the Fender pups either. To my ears the Squier sounds exactly the same as any standard spec Fender. If you don't mind the lesser name on the headstock, you would never yearn for any Fender except maybe the most expensive custom shop models. Very much value for money. If you need a P, buy this one.
    torkel.varfjell
    I've just ordered one because I need a spare bass for my fender jazz standard. I will probably use this one in some of the songs we play and I'm looking forward to try it. Specially after reading this reviews. Thanks to you guys. I'll be back for more info after playing it for a while.