MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass review by Squier

Squier: MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass

I like to play hard rock, punk, and metal so the graphic suits me well at gigs. The original strings were nothing special so I replaced them with ErnieBall PowerSlinkies. The range of sounds was smaller than I would have liked from the factory so I just got an amp with more EQ controls. It has a rich warm sound but can also be distorted easily.

Although I like this bass if it were stolen depending on how much money I had I would either replace it with another or buy a Fender. It is a good instrument for me and it fits my music and style of play. I chose this one over the other Ibanez and Peavey basses I tried and compared it to because it has a cool graphic and sounded better with my music than anything else I tried. I have been playing for 3 years and had one bass before this one. It was also a Squier.I do not regret anything about it.

It is very rugged and can stand up to regular gigging and the hardware has not even loosened a bit. the strap buttons have never failed and I have confidence in them. I can depend on it and I use without backup regularly. Overall it is a very strong and durable bass.

The action is some what low from the factory. The pickups were excellent form the start. The top and bridge are great.The nut was kind of crude but it is still really good. It didn't have any flaws what'so ever when I got it. The Finish can be a pain to keep clean but it is worth it.

My MB 4 was make in Indonesia. It has a maple bolt on neck with a 34 inch scale and 22 medium jumbo frets. It doesnt't have chrome hardware but everything is black instead. The tuners are non locking. It has knobs for volume, tone and bass boost. It didn't come with a strap or anything so I had to buy one seperate.It has one P-Bass pickup and one J-Bass pickup with passive electronics. It has a black double-cutaway superstrat body with a skull and cross bones ont eh agathis body and a mother-of-pearl inlay of one at the twelfth fret. It has a standard 4 saddle bridge.

hurpes
    chilis-fan wrote: i bought one of these about a year ago, and it's awesome, definately a good buy. Paid $500 at the Rockshop NZ
    500? Its only 200 in stores I think you got ripped off
    BigHungryJoe
    hurpes wrote: 500? Its only 200 in stores I think you got ripped off
    emokiller666
    This Bass is amazing. its the 2nd bass i bought and it sounds amazing. The stock strings were ok but i put on dean markley skullbusters on and it sounds 10x better. i recommend this bass 2 anyone who plays metal, alternative, punk, etc. Its only 200 so it wont break the bank
    Epiphone-Man
    BigHungryJoe wrote: hurpes wrote: 500? Its only 200 in stores I think you got ripped off They got it in New Zealand, though - instruments tend to be more expensive over there, even after you factor in exchange rates. $500 is pretty standard for this sort of bass in NZ.
    ahh no its the fact that nz dollars are worth less than the american dollar or the pound and the only added price is the importation and resale so its a pretty gud price actualli