MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass review by Squier

Squier: MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass

This is my first bass, I bought it because it was cheap and I liked the look of it and figured I would see how bass playing goes just for kicks. I am using it ith a Line 6 Spider III 15-watt and it plays fine and has a good bass tone but would probably be much nicer with an actual bass amp. The sounds vary a lot especially with the Line 6 which has the cool tone buttons on it to give you more tones than a simple bass amp would do.

I play basically everything from rock to pop. I enjoy playing metal and this thing has some kick to it and sounds great! I have only been playing for a year and a half, but on this bass for only 1 month but it suits me well. I find bass to be easier to play than the regular electric guitar. I tried this out on the used rack and thought it was a great deal, and the guitar tech I had been working with on my electric Ibanez was a bass player and mentioned it would be a good starter bass for me and when he played it he rocked out really good and adjusted it for me for free so I couldnt pass it up! I love the design and the look of it, the skull makes it extra mean :) My favorite feature is the skulls that it has and I dislike nothing about the bass at all. I compared it to a Dean that they had that was brand new and super cheap at $140 I believe, but this one looked cooler and sounded better as well. I have no complaints, just want to get better on it!

I am not good enough to play live, but I would imagine it would work well live. The hardware is good wuality and seems like it is holding up quite well. The wood is good quality in my oppinion and the tuners have stayed in tune very well without adjustment needs from basic practicing and playing.

The guitar was used and at Guitar Center but the guitar tech set it up for me and he was a bass player so he rocked out on it and it had a good sound and tone to me. He adjusted everything to his suiting and since I knew nothing about bass it's been fine ever since and works well for me. The guitar had no flaws and was a steal for me at $100 as they were $230 new I believe and this had not a scratch on it!

This bass is made in Indonesia. It has all black knobs and hardware on it. The bass looks Killer with the Skull on the body and the skull again on the 12th fret in pearl. The pickups are passive with a single pickup on the bottom and a double pickup on the top.

evilsonic666
    This is my main bass I'm in a rock band and this does everything I ask of it it's an exellect bass guitar for the money I paid :
    Bass21
    Looks sweet. I'd buy it if i could! since I'm making a band with a few friends I'd like a good looking and good playing bass.