MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Squier: MB-4 Skull And Crossbones Bass

Surprisingly enough this is a somewhat versatile bass. This is due to the pickup blend knob and the tone control. I can get a big bright and twangy sound or I can get a mellow Jaco-style sound. The pickups are not great but they do okay. The bridge pickup makes a lot of noise.

This was my first bass, therefore I don't use it anymore. I play mostly heavy styles of rock, lately I have been exploring the progressive rock genre. I currently have a Rickenbacker 4003 and an Ibanez GSR205. I play those basses often and they are much, much better. This is a good first instrument, but you're going to want something else as soon as you can make it happen.

This bass does not seem very durable. I wouldn't dare to take it on stage. The strap buttons are fine however that's just about it.

This bass is so difficult to play that I can't even put it into words. I've had a setup done and everything. The action and tension are messed up. Badly. Maybe I just got a bad bass but it's terrible.

This is a relatively no frills bass. It has passive P/J pickups, tone control, pickup blend knob, and a volume knob. 21 frets on the rosewood fretboard. For the beginner this is more than enough.

MaggaraMarine
    Epiphone-Man wrote: BigHungryJoe wrote: hurpes wrote: 500? Its only 200 in stores I think you got ripped off They got it in New Zealand, though - instruments tend to be more expensive over there, even after you factor in exchange rates. $500 is pretty standard for this sort of bass in NZ. ahh no its the fact that nz dollars are worth less than the american dollar or the pound and the only added price is the importation and resale so its a pretty gud price actualli
    1 USD = 1,3 NZD, not that much of a difference. But yeah, it would still cost 380 USD so it's almost 200 more.