Mike Dirnt Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Mike Dirnt Precision Bass

I play rock, and this bass is made for rock. You can Slash around on it without worrying if you'll do damage or not. I use my guitar amps and effects, and they make the bass still sound great. The sound is adequately full. With the treble all the way up it gets buzzy, but treble isn't a dire importance with basses. All effects mix well with this bass, so you can make it sound however you want.

This bass is perfect for rock, especially since it's a great rock bassists design. I've played guitar for a couple years and decided to try out bass and this was a great choice. I love how it's so simple. There's only a couple tone/volume controls and you don't need to know much about basses to get it to sound right. It would be cool if they made one with 5 strings. That would rock.

I don't play Live, but this is a very durable bass. It's been dropped before, and there isn't any damage. There's no way this bass would fall because of the strap slipping. It would take real force to break off the strap holders. The finish stays on, but I wouldn't really know I have only had it for a while. If you needed a dependable bass with an affordable cost, this is it.

The pickups are perfectly fine, and work nicely too. The bass was put together very nicely, everything lines up, and everything is sturdy. Being black, dust is noticable, but it is very easy to clean, even under the strings. This may be due to the cause that the strings are a bit high on the fretboard.

I'm not sure when it was made, or where, but I know that doesn't matter when it comes down to the great sound. It has 20 frets, and it's solid top. It has an agathis body and a rosewood fingerboard. It has the body look of a strat, and the headstock looks like a tele's. The bass has standard open gear tuners. The controls include a main volume control, and one tone control knob. Pickups are 2 single-coil pickups. It comes with some adjusting tools I believe (I forgot and I think I lost them).

ss311
    This isn't a very objective review, because of the perfect score the reviewer has given the bass. I'd like a more neutral take on it.
    Coldmystery
    pie_man_25 : vegemite99 wrote: hey, another $250 Squier bass. Who would have guessed its suitable for rock purposes? Rock?? No way! Thats amazing! Hey, it's just another cheap beginner bass. It looks nice but, its not meant for advanced techniques.
    Uhhh define advanced techniques. I have one at the store I work at, we set it up and uhhh if you're a good player youll play good on it.. that is it. If you suck, you'll suck on it.
    Korzack
    Seems like a hasty cash-in to me. Still, fair enough. Least the Squier signiature models can actually be afforded by more than just pro guitarists.
    GangsterLi
    SLD.Potato wrote: OMG! All 10's?! The best bass guitar ever created!!!
    i doubt it's the best bass ever, although i do love mike dirnt basslines
    rancidryan
    so basically your sayying this is b etter then an ernie ball music man with the all 10's yeah?
    pie_man_25
    I don't know, this guy does sound like a noob, but he likes the bass, and is writing about it, although I also feel it is a beginner bass, it does look and feel pretty nice, the sound in my own opinion could use a bit of tweaking, but overall it's a good bass, even though I hate green day, I would consider getting this as a backup (and possibly refinishing it, I just don't like the star)
    guitardict
    So he likes the bass, no big deal. I agree that a neutral review would be nice, and as for a beginner bass, yes it is but I play a Squire (have for years) because I just blow all my cash on guitar stuff lol and it still sounds great!
    Samsonite!
    This bass is awesome. And you don't need some expensive instrument to play well. As long as the neck isn't all warped and you have decent strings you can do anything with it that you could with the fender model. But you already knew that since you're so advanced, correct?
    vegemite99