Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Great for the money. I've read a lot of other reviews complaining about the quality of this guitar but you must realize 2 things. A) It's made by Squire so no it will not be as good as the Fender version. B)It's great for the money, 400 dollars gets you an amp, the guitar, straps, cables, videos, and other accessories. I'd definatly recommend it to Beginner/Intermediate guitarists. I own it, still play it, and am satisfied with it.

I'd play it live, but if your going to be serious about it I would either get a new amp, or get a new guitar and amp. I've played it through a friends amp and it sounds ok, but still not as great as some others. The strap buttons don't move at all and I wouldn't worry about dropping it. I could use it live and be comfortable with it, in fact, I already have. It's definatly durable, just not the best sound.

I've read other reviews and seen complaints about the finish, but mine hasn't even scratched. It played nice and the pickups worked fine, I never had to tap them and nothing ever came out delayed. I haven't adjusted it all and think it sounds fine, but then again, I've only been playing about 7 months. No flaws that I found what so ever. It is definatly strong.

This was a great deal, it came with a gig bag, the cable, a 15 Wat Fender amp with a 5 year warranty, a guitar strap, a video for learning bass, and a bunch of Fender Stickers. The neck is made of Maple (very strong) and it has a rosewood fingerboard. It has 20 Frets, and a split coil pickup. The pickups not the best, but it works. The only controls on the guitar are volume and tone. The rest you do on the amp. The amp is 15 Watt Fender with an 8 inch speaker. It's features include Volume, Low, Mid, and High Tone adjustments. It can hook up to headpphones, and computers, as well as keyboards. It's not the best amp, but it's built to last, with a 5 year warranty. It works for practice at home or playing small parties.