Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

Purchased from: Music Mans Music Depot

My overall impression is that I'm very impressed. I would definetely buy from Squier again but would rather buy from Fender if I had the money. As I said, I've experimented with lots of music and it sounds nice with all, seeing as the versatility is very wide with the jazz and P-Bass pickup knobs. I love everything about this fine instrument. It makes me proud to own such a beautiful, well built, fine sounding guitar. This was my first bass, I had been playing guitar for about six months and found the transition from guitar to P Bass very easy. Definetely consider this bass, you won't be sorry.

The finish is really nice. It's a sparkly gold color and it seems like it's here to stay. Hasn't chipped or anything, thank God. The tuners are so reliable, it never comes out of tune when I play it. The strap buttons are very solid and don't show any sign of coming off at any time in the future. The headstock is a little to sensitive though, I accidentally hit the wooden headstock on one of the locks on my case and it made a tiny little dent. Kind of a disapointment. But oh well, I'll get over it.

It was perfect when I got it. Nothing had to be adjusted at all. Only complaint is the pick guard gets scratched kind of easily but you can't notice unless you're really staring at the pickguard up close looking for flaws. Besides, that doesn't affect the playing any. The controls seem to work fine. They turn very easily and well. I took the plastic off of the pickguard and it made it so the knobs can go up and down, I kind of liked it better when they stayed in place but oh well, no biggie as long as they stay on, which they have so far.

It has 3 knobs, a P-Bass pickup tone knob, a Jazz bass pickup tone knob and a volume knob. 20 frets. The tuners are 3 leaf clover shaped and look really nice. Very nice bass, very pleasing to look at. It was made in Indonesia.