Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

It has a great sound. With the Fender Rumble15 amp it can get a range of sounds. It is perfect for a full Rock n' Roll style sound. It can also get the higher pitch, bright sound I like to have for tapping. With that same pich you can make out notes great when strumming (I am aware those are not normal thing to do on a bass). I use a DigiTech BP50 processor that can farther higher or lower the pitch though, with to much distortion the guiar gets major feedback. Otherwise it get nice sound.

If this guitar were stolen from me I'd hunt down the person who did it. This is a great guitar, perfect for a beginner. For a better players, I would not recommend it, because those people should by better. It totally matches a regular Fender in quality. It is a perfect match for me because of it's flexablity in sound. Highly recommended!

This guitar is built to last. I bumped it up aganst my dresser (by accident) and it took a chuck out of the dresser and was not damaged. Other then maybe feed being lost (unlikley if you take good care) it would be prefect for a show. I'd put my full confidence in it. Though some times the strap falls off but I think thats more the strap's fault. Otherwise it is very reliable.

This bass came from the factory perfect except for one thing. The port for the cable loosens over time and came cause sudden loss of feed to the amp. It is best to tighten this often. Otherwise it is great and the pickups are adjusted with ease. One thing that was odd about mine is instead of going out of tune flat, it goes sharp.

Mine is a 2005. The bass has 20 frets and the neck is 24 inches long. It has a double-cutaway, solidbody. It is a metalic red. The fretboard is rosewood but, the neck is maple. There is a port to adjust the neck angle like on all Squiers. It has a split-coil pickup. It's got only two controls, volume and tone. Neither are labeled. It came with a case, strap, cable, amp, headphones, headphone adaptor and tools to adjust the neck. It was quit the bargain, probably because it was made in Mexico.