Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

It blends well to the music style play in (I play alt. metal). I play it through a guitar tube amp 'cause I'm still saving up for a bass amp. It's surprisingly quite. I turn the volume and the tone all the way down giving it a really old school sound. I keep the neck pickup volume all the way up. It has a great warm sound. I don't realy mix bright with bass. I like have bass like really blending in while sticking out, or just really raunchy like old Disturbed.

I play alt. metal/hard rock. I've been playing guitar for about 5-6 years. Bass - about 2 years now. I primarily use Ibanez. If this bass got stolen or lost, I'd think about buying that again or going to Ibanez. I love the fact it was ready for playing the day I got it. I hate the fact that it's a Fender product (it's nothing personal). My fav. feature is it has a real good sound recording.

I don't trust Fender on stage. It's a reliable bass and what not but I don't risk what don't trust. Then again that hasn't stpoped me before. I play it with out a backup for one reason. I have only one bass. I use it mainly for recreational and recording purposes. My friend has a vintage Strat and it looks in pretty god condition (dry sarcasm). Fender's don't have that good aged look to me (I repeat, to me).

I honestly can't answer this question accurately because my skills and style are drawn more t guitars. I got the bass and it was pretty well set up. It was in brand new condition, I assume the bridge was properly routed. The action is remarable. The only problem I find is I'm not that used to dropping the D on bass so it becomes a hassle and makes fret buzz due to lack of tention. Other then it being a Fender product I didn't see anything really wrong (I'm a strong Ibanez advocate).

I'm not sure about al the stats about this bass off hand. I know that it's American made, bound rose wood fret board, I believe a maple body, with 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob. The pickups are stock so I assume they're crap. As in I don't know if they're passive or active. The body is solid black, and the pick guard is white. That's the best I can do. I only play bass for recording purposes.