Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

I play numetal, alternative metal, and some classics and a little jazz. The sound is great for whatever style you want to play, and sounds great behind any guitar. I use a Fender 15 watt bass amp, and it gets a little staticky sometimes, but that stops when you start playing. It has a full sound, and is great in the low and high ranges. It is really good for slapping, and soundgreat when you do. I t also sounds great with a distortion pedal, bass or not, and I use a Boss metal Zone somtimes along aith it.

I think this guitar is great for any style, it sounds good for rock, metal, jazz, country, whatever you want to play, it can handle it. I have been playing for three years now, and this is the only bass I own, and the only one I will ever buy. I love the great tonal range you can get, but I hate that the tuning posts are so loose, but they can be replaced. Overall, I think it's amazing, and I suggest it to anyone Who plays the bass, beginner or expert.

This guitar is indestructable. I have thrown this guitar across my room, and dropped on many hard floords and it still plays in great shape. I depend on this bass with my life, and I think it can take anything you can throw at it. The strap buttons are indestructable too, and I would efinitely use it without a back up.

The bass came from the factory in great condition, and barely needed any set up at all, except for the fact all the strings were flat, but that's not to hard to fix. The pickups were set up great, and sounded great right out of the box. The only flaw was the finish was scratched down the back, and the neck was a little loose(its a bolt on) but other then that it was great.

I own a Squier P-Bass made in 2003 from Indonesisa. It has 20 jumbo frets, and the neck is really fat, (which can get kind of annoying when you play up at the first fret). It has a blue finish, with a white pickguard. It has a simple bridge, which makes string changing very easy. The tuning posts get loose though, and ternd to go flat after a good playing session. The controls, one volume, one tone, are simple enough, but they get scrathcy after a good amount of use. The pickups are great, the one split in half, the covers tend to become loose.

SnowMan1
    E V H 5150 wrote: You're not paying thousands of dollars for this, are you? It's not fair to call this a peice of crap when you're not paying for the best quality, really. Don't people understand that if you're paying less than $300 or so, you're not paying for an intermediate or professional quality instrument.
    Squier is a company from Fender. so its basicly a fender, a really crappy fender. its cheap because it doesnt have the fender name slapped on it other wise you would be paying around 700 for a peice of shit bass such as this one.
    bassist:B
    I started out with an affinity p(os) bass. Since Ive aquired my Highway one Jazz bass I've: defretted Repainted wound my own pickups sounds just great now
    *-Casper-*
    I have gigged with mine 3 times and hasnt really been that bad - only problems i have had was the tone pot broked and had to be replaced (with a real fender 1 i might add) same as the pickups and it sounds pretty cool now!!
    Ali-b912
    haha american squier..... wait ur serious? anyway,
    pie_man_25 wrote: I need A great snap and small frets bacause I finger hard
    +1 billiom for use in context!
    psychobassist11
    got mine in '05 as a beginner and i just didn't like it i changed the strings twice in those 2 years and it never changed sound at all now the electronics r blown and it's time for a new bass
    faster4real
    I have been playing with this bass for about 3 years now. I play through a electric blue 180 watt combo amp. The bass is grand, i get a really nice tone from it. although when I need very high volume the pick ups tend to distort. Other than that its a really sturdy and reliable bass.