Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass

It has a Growly sort of sound which is very good for the sort of music I play, anything from punk to heavy metal. It is noisy whatever it is doing, but their isnt much variety. I'm using it with an Ashton amp, which is ok but is only a practice amp. Tone nob doesn't do much like it did on some of my bass but you can't have it all.

Its a good match for my style of music, which I've said earlier is anything from punk to metal. this is my 2nd bass I've owned, but I've played more. my first bass was a rubbish cruiser/crafter jazz bass. I would definately buy a new one if it was stolen, as I love the growling sound so much, but the jack is so annoying. I compared it to every bass I've played, my old one, a Epiphone EB-0, some type of Ibanez and a bunch of other no-name bass's. I wish it had a good jack.

This bass is indestructeble. my previous bass got chipped to bits within the first week, nothing on this one yet, and I've had it 3 weeks. Hardware should last a while, probably wont need to replace it for atleast 2-3 years. didn't try the strap buttons, because I put on my strap locks asap, but got the buttons are hard to get off. took forever. I would not use it without a backup, just incase. I probably wouldn't need a backup, but I would take one just incase. I think the finish will last a while.

Everything was amazing, apart from one fault. The jack has to have the lead put in perfectly or it doesn't work. Finish is amazing, and was surprisingly all in tune when it was delivered. The controll's are a bit lose and the allan key they gave me to tighten them they didn't fit. Pickups where fitted fine, not lose atall so I can rest my thumb on one easily.

I have know idea where this bass was made, but it came to me in good condition, so it was looked after on the way. It has 20 frets, medium-jumbo, with a rosewood fretboard. The body is made of alder, and the neck made of maple. It has a metallic finish on the P-Bass body. It has passive pickups, with volume and tone pickups. I don't know what makes the pickups are, probably squire like the bass, and they are split-coil. It has shamrock tuners and came with a gig bag.

nikkisixx666
    it is a pos bass i have one and if you turn down the volume on (good if parents r asleep) and it buzzes like none other like you have the treb cranked to the top on the guitar and amp. and talk about fret buzz
    prt1990
    Quite a few of these reviews are about different basses... There are a few that are pretty similar: 1. Affinity P Bass 2. P Bass 3. Standard Series P Bass (sometimes called Special series) I have the third and it's excellent value-wise. It's got a P Bass pickup and a Jazz Bass pickup, so it's pretty versatile. It's more expensive than the other two though.
    Dizzoshaker
    pie_man_25 wrote: I need A great snap and small frets bacause I finger hard Lawl, he fingers hard
    shadowolf1324
    ok... i have the Squier P-Bass, and from what i can tell, most of these reviews are by people who either one, have no idea what they're doing and can't handle the thick strings on a bass (buzzing), two have some problems with their bass specifically (EQ issues), or don't even know which one they have but they feel like bitching about it on UltimateGuitar.com. Overall, i love this bass and i wish it was a 5 string because my only problem with it is that it isnt.