Precision Bass Special review by Squier

Squier: Precision Bass Special

It suits my style very well, and i play anything from Funk to Heavy Metal. I can get almost any tone i want out of this, from a Trebly Punch to a Low Thump. Im not using it with any effects at the moment, and ive used it with my Ashdown practice amp. I feel the amp limits what i can get out of this bass. It can use the Pickup configuration it has very well. As Squier has said on their website, you realy do get the best of both worlds. As i said earlier, You can get quite a bit of variety with this bass, because of the two different types of pickup.

Considering i play pretty much every type of music, and it fits all of them reasonably well, and could fit all of them amazingly with the right amp and possibly a pedal. I also own a Squier affinity P Bass, and some other knock off jazz bass. I have played many more basses, and even some custom made ones that people have traded in to my local music store. This beats most of them. I was considering buying the Yamaha RBX4A2, but this was a much better buy for less than half the price. If it was stolen/or lost, i would definately but another, or possilbly the Fender equivilant. I love the look, Tonal range, and overall feel of this bass. Its so light, the neck is thin, and the body is almost matched to my body shape. I compared it to many other products. The Epiphone EB3, Yamamha RBX4A2, a custom made "Zoot" Bass, (wich was better than this, just wasnt spending 600), Some of the Dean basses i cant remember the names of, and all of the other squiers. This is the best out of all of them, minus the custom bass. I dont hate anything about this bass, however, i may put some EMG's in. Just because i like EMG's.

This bass would deffinately withstand Live playing. The hardwear is solid and strong, The bridge and tuning pegs are perfect, it hasnt gone out of tune in 3 weeks. I would deffinately gig without a backup. The finish is great. I havent got one chip or scratch on the paintwork since i got it.

The set-up was almost perfect. The P-Style pickups where a bit loose and i put straplocks on just incase, but that was it. all fixed with a screwdriver in 15 miniuts. To be honest, from the factory, it was all i could ask for. My first bass was almost a build it yourself. Pickups where almost hanging off, the tone knob fell off and had to be screwed on with an alan key. This is bass was awesome from the factory.

Well, The Bass was "crafted" in Indonesia. It has 20 Jumbo Frets. The body is made of Agathis, with a satin black finish, with a black pickguard. The Neck is made of maple, with a skunk stripe that i believe to be made of mahogany down the back. The fretboard is made of rosewood. The bridge is a standard Squier saddle. It has passive electronics, with a P-Style Split Coil pickup and a single coil J-Style pickup. It has Two Volume and one Master Tone control. It has standard open gear tuners, in the clover leaf shape.

mike_biro727
    I own this bass and love it, but only have 2 problems. You cant get that heavier metal sound and my precision pickup has stopped working
    bla556
    I think the user who rated it 4 in sound just has this problems with the sound cause he's playing it through a crappy behringer stack...600 watt on a behringer amp just aren't enough for band practice