Standard Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Standard Jazz Bass

Purchased from: West Music

I've been playing 2 years and this bass is great for punk, jazz, and rock. I wouldn't lose it, let alone get it out of my sight (because of the rare color). I love everything about this bass. If I had more money I would've got the Fender version at the time I bought it, but I'm glad I picked this one because with just a little adjusting this bass sounds even better than the Fender original.

It's a little heavy, so buy a good, comfortable strap for it. It's actually pretty good live. When it's cold the G string goes out of tune sometimes, so watch that. The finish is nice, but smudges sometimes, especially on the pickgaurd. I would use it without a backup, because it's pretty reliable. With a lot of playing the finish would wear a little.

The guitar was set up perfectly. Nothing is loose, nothing is damaged. Perfect condition.

Squier Standard Jazz Bass. Rare, discontinued golden finish with white pickguard. 2 Fender pickups. 3 knobs, 1 volume, 2 tone. Made in Indonesia (pretty sure). The store priced it at $300 but I talked them down to $200.