Standard Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Standard Jazz Bass

I mainly play funk rock, blues, rock, punk and pop. I play through a high-5 home entertainment set. I must say that the high-5 set is not a bass amp however it produces a resonably good tone. The sound is not as smooth compared to a Fender Jazz Bass. however for this price it is reasonable. This bass is very versetile. By setting it correctly it can sound punchy or mellow.

This bass does everything that I need. I have been playing for about a year and a half. I own a Gibson SG Voodoo, Yamaha Pac 112. Compared to the satin finish of the SG Voodoo this feels a tad bit sturdier (however the satin on the sg looks better). If this bass was stolen I would probably get a Fender japan jazz bass. I compared this bass with a squire Delux P-Bass as well as an Epiphone Thunderbird Gothic. I choose this bass for its versatality. The other 2 basses are good but they both have very similiar tonal qualities and lack versatality. This bass is fantastic for its price.

This bass will withstand live playing. Hardware will definately last. The strap buttons are solid (chances of strap falling off probably matches those of strap locks). This bass is ever dependable owned it for 6 months and it plays like it was brand new. However mine being satin finish I doubt the finish would last over 5 to 6 years.

The ation and pickups were just perfect. The chrome hardware is pretty new. Good news for people who play standing up. The strap buttons are solid.