Standard Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Standard Jazz Bass

The two pickups on this Bass are wonderful for the price you pay. They seem rather high quality to me, and they get amazing tone. This bass can get rather loud depending on what kind of amp you have. Even when it gets to be pretty loud, it still sounds amazing. The Fender Super 7250ML Bass Strings it comes with get great sound, as well. The bridge helps, as well, and the bass itself has great sustain. If you're like me and sometimes play without an amp, it still gets good sound. This was my first Jazz Bass, so I wasn't sure what sound to expect, but I was amazed with how good it sounded. It's heaven to my ears.

I tend to play metal with Standard C, but that's my band for you. The tone of this bass goes pretty good with it, but I'm getting a Warwick anyways. I've played bass for about 7 months now, haven't replaced this yet. I don't think I would buy this again if it were lost or stolen, because I almost have enough for said Warwick. If I wasn't saving up fr the Warwick, however, I would most definately buy it again. I really enjoy the neck and finish on this. They feel great to me, and the pick-ups are absolutely amazing for me, and I enjoy them very much. I can't really say anything bad about this bass, I just love it too much. I played a B.C. Rich Warlock bass on a Crate bass amp before I tried this one out, but the Warlock didn't feel as nice. All in all, I give this a 10, it feels nice, gets great tone and volume. If you don't have too much money, try and get this. I chose it due to it's feel, so next time you're at your local instrument store give this a try if you're a bassist. So in short, she's a gorgeous bass, so give it a shot, it's well worth the price.

If you're young and have a localpalooza nearby, this can go good with Standard C tuning. I would use this live with my band, except I am getting a Warwick. The hardware is absolutely wnderful, none of it is loose. The straploks seem very good, and I haven't had to replace them. The bass as a whole seems very stable, I would definately play this at a gig. The finish is simply gorgeous, and I don't think it would wear off for a very long time.

The guitar was in perfect condition when I bought it. It has an absolutely gorgeous paint job, mine is the Antique Burst, which costs an extra $15. The pickups were set just right for me, everything was just perfect. Asolutely no flaws on mine, though I'm not sure about the rest of you.

The Squire Standard Jazz Bass is very similar to a Fender Jazz Bass. It has an agathis body, and a maple neck, complete with a rosewood fretboard. The width at the nut is 1.50". The bass' scale length is 34". It has the standard Strat shaped headstock, and standard open-gear non-locking tuners, which seem to be very high quality, since mine don't go out of tune as often as expected. It has the average dot position inlays, and a fast-action neck, complete with 20 medium-jumbo frets. It comes equipped with Fender Super 7250ML bass strings, chrome hardware, two single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, and your standard 4-saddle bridge. It was originally introduced in January of 2001. It has 3 knobs total, a neck pickup volume knob, a bridge pickup volume knob, and a master tone knob. Both pickups are passive.

pie_man_25
    Vampire 255
    pie_man_25 wrote: skater dan0 wrote: theres nuthin wrong with it being made out of agathis. it jus sacrifices a liittle bit of tone that can be recovered with an half decent amp for for a lot les weight and it still isn't neck heavy personally i think its better than my mates fender mim jazz yes but no one cares what you think, besides, they have shit pickups, which wouldn't matter no matter what amp your using
    stop bein a twat if the pick ups r shit change them 2 better pick ups
    Pourquoi?
    tilleking wrote: I'm very impressed by the stable tuning - so far, I think I've only needed to put it into tune once! A great bass.
    I agree. It's nothing special, but a great instrument for the price and the way it holds it's tuning is very impressive.
    tilleking
    I recently made the change to bass guitar in my band. I reluctantly went bass shopping, and this bass seemed the best one for the money. I've had it about a month now, and it's proving to be great. I'm very impressed by the stable tuning - so far, I think I've only needed to put it into tune once ! A great bass.
    peever
    ok bass, although it being made out of agathis dissapponts me
    skater dan0