Standard Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Standard Jazz Bass

This bass has 2 Volume controls and 1 Tone control. This gives a lot of variety to the sound this bass makes. The standard pickups on this bass are alright. It has a very rich sound to it. The pickups are not bad, but a little bit noisy. All in all the sound is very good but obviously not a Fender.

Overall this bass was a very good buy for the money it costs. I would recommend this bass for a beginner or intermediate player on a low budget like me. Obviously this bass does not play like a high end brand bass but that's not what your paying for. If you want the sound of a high end bass you probably wont find one for the price of this bass.

Yes this bass is very very durable whether your just playing it at your house or playing gigs. I would probably play this bass without a backup because it seems very durable. I think this bass would be perfect for anyone Who is playing gigs and is worried about their bass breaking. All in all, I think this bass is going to last a very long time.

The action is a little high but not too bad. Eventually I am going to lower it but it's playable how it comes. The pickups were also adjusted pretty well. My bass did not really contain any flaws. Everything on mine still works very well after owning it for about a year.

The Squier by Fender Standard Jazz Bass has 20 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. It has an agathis body and maple neck. Comes standard with 2 Single Coil Jazz Pickups and a standard 4-Saddle Bridge. The finish is antique sunburst with a Tortise Shell pickguard. It comes with standard open gear tuners.

Kawk
    Yeah I haven't really had to tune mine much. It's my first bass, and I'm a fan of it.
    Cmitch4
    I find that this is one of the more popular starting basses and for good reason. I have this bass and I couldn't be happier with the decision to go with it. It's a good sturdy bass at an affordable price (and the tuning thing is true). I would definitely recommend this bass to anyone who is starting out or even just on a budget.
    speedfreak_808
    skater dan0 wrote: theres nuthin wrong with it being made out of agathis. it jus sacrifices a liittle bit of tone that can be recovered with an half decent amp for for a lot les weight and it still isn't neck heavy personally i think its better than my mates fender mim jazz
    The best way to get a good sound coming from your amp is to start with a good sound first off from your instrument and then use eq and other effects
    Reo Fendel
    Well youngsters, I think you'll realize as you get older and wiser that you have a steel on your hands. Hang on to it for 20 years or so and you'll see. The poor lad saving for his Worwick should save his pennys for a decent amp instead. I lucked out and got one with a light ash body. Only diffence between this and a 1960 stack knob is 49 years of drying out, playing in, seasoning, and the fact that it wasn't put together by the 'Little old Lady from Pasadena'. Rather, it was built by the "Little old craftsmen from Indonesia"!
    rsallstar13
    Im selling mine. I reviewed it a while ago but now i bought a fender duluxe p bass special so i never play it. Its in perfect condition, never gigged, no scratches or dents. Message me if your interested