Vintage Modified Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Price paid: € 298

Purchased from: Just Music (Hamburg, Ger)

This bass sound amazing to be fair. I wanted to have a new bass that could do it all, basically: Slappy Funk, Growling Grunge (perfect because of the 70's design...) Fast Punk. And this little brother of Fender can do it all. Just depends on your volume settings and of course your effects. I personally suggest not to use effects at all. If you want to I suggest the Boss ME 50B.

I play in a Blink 182-esque and RHCP-esque band. Therefore I found the perfect Bass and would buy the same on as a real Fender when I got the money. But until then this Bass beats any kind of medium-priced (200 - 600) Bass guitar when it comes to my expectations. I can do this one funky, punky and heavy, no matter what. Its solid and so is its sound. It can be very funky and also very massive. Squier is nothing but a little brotherm of Fender to be annoyingly repeatative...*lol*

This Bass is a heavy-weight and it is solid as well as smooth and well-produced. I would say it can easily last longer than 8 years. This Bass is nothing less but a little brother of the real fenders. So it should be treated. Duncan designed pickups are also known to be durable and not nessecarily to be replaced soon. I would certainly play live without a backup bass, although I have one.

This Bass was setup quite cool, but you cannot seriously expect any instrument to be setup the way you personally like it. Thats always up to you and if you think differently then your probably not a good musician. The pickups where set the way I want it, though...

As it has been said before: It is a 2006 Vintage Modified '70s Jazz Bass and made in Indonesia. It is made out of solid maple, the body is covered with transparent polyurethane (might even be a bit "tanned") and shows its individual beautiful wood...made by mother nature. This bass is a Fender jazz bass copy. Thats not only to be said about the style but also about certain aspects of the quality this product has to it. Later more... This Bass comes with duncan designed pickup with one volume to each and a master volume. My bandmate once bought duncan designed pickups for his Les Paul Guitar. They have an awesome quality and I was quite surprised when I noticed them in the store. This would be a ten if the frets marks had a nicer design to it. Sorry...