Vintage Modified Jazz Bass review by Squier

Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

I bought this for several praise teams I am in at church who play anything from contemporary to slow/hymnal style songs. Currently I have no actual bass amp to run this through so I improvised and am running it out of a subwoofer/personal amp (350W) combo which seems to work well. It is not noisy at all, no signal buzz I can hear. It has a full boomy sound.

This bass is definitely a keeper and for a beginner/novice who is looking for amazing sound. I would probably buy it again if I lost it.

This guitar will definitely last for a couple 3 years until I get enough money to buy a Fender version of this bass. I have bumped it plenty since I got it and it is still in perfect condition. You need to actually take off this bass and slam it against the floor to make a mark in it, not that I would.

The action was really high when I got it from the factory and it is still really high because I can't lower it much more without making the strings buzz. The pickups are right where I left them which works pretty good. No flaws as far as I can tell.

- Indonesian made - 20 frets - Maple fretboard - I got the 3 tone sunburst - Jazz body style - Passive electronics - 2 volume knobs, 1 tone knobs - 2 single-coil Duncan Designed JB101 Jazz Bass pickups with Alnico V magnets - Standard 4 saddle bridge - No extra accessories