Vintage Modified Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Vintage Modified Precision Bass

Very full sound, I'm running mine through a Harley Benton HB115 MK2. They say "Precision Bass is considered by many to be the rock 'n' roll bass; truly a workhorse of an instrument. Squier's great new Vintage Modified Precision Bass offers the stripped-down and straight-ahead tone" well believe every word of it. The tone control makes a big difference to the sound either scooping the bottom end or peaking the top they both sound great. There is a slight snag, (probablly my cables) there's a faint squeal in the background, it's fine if you have ur amp below 2 all the time but when it's cranked up to 11 then you can hear it, it's nothing dramatic and there's no need to by scared by it.

I know this bass will suit all types of playing all be it slap, finger or pick because I've tryed it. I'm glad I bought this guitar to join my vast inventory of cheap guitars and I would definatlly claim my money back off the house insurence if it was stolen to buy another one. The only draw back with it is the squeal but don't let that put you off because it's not that bigger deal. "Anything you wish it had?" Yeah miricle grow for licks and lyrics.

"Will this guitar withstand live playing?" No need to ask that all though I haven't played on a stage with it yet, I have cranked the amp all the way up in my garage (neighbours didn't like that) but the more your amp goes up the more tone you get. The strapbuttons are shit as normal because they are not locking so I just went down to the local shop and got some locking buttons. The finish, if properlly looked after will last for about a million years nice thick layering of Polyurethane (what ever that is) and it just looks stunning.

It all arrived perfect, slightly out of tune but it did come from germany. No dents scratches or anything visually wrong with it, bridge saddles were a little high but there's nout wrong with a little diy to suit your own style.

Brand new model from Squier (2006), made in Indonesia. sounds bad but it gets better. Medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fret board. Agathis body with an olypic white body and black pickguard. 1 tone control knob and a volume control to sort out that Duncan Designed split coil pickup. Die-cast open gear tuners making it very easy to tune. Very well built product and looks and feels as if you could throw it out a window and it will live.

hotpants181
    wmzbomgzors wrote: sounds bad but it gets better when reviewing equipment that makes noises, never use that in your introductory paragraph.
    i was refering to indonisia... not the sound of the instrument.
    wmzbomgzors
    sounds bad but it gets better
    thesumoftwo
    slightly out of tune but it did come from germany.
    pie_man_25
    yeah I'm also looking for a second, I'm looking at those crestwood ones for like $150.00 and upgrading it (completely upgrading) but if I would get another what would you recommend?
    redlad
    I just ordered one of these for my first bass. 270 euros from thomanns
    jay121
    im gettin one of these amp nxt month! playing it live at gigs! will the squeal be a problem? and is it a gd easy bass to play?
    Deeswift
    thesumoftwo wrote: slightly out of tune but it did come from germany. your kiddin me right? your actually telling us as if your surprised that it arrived out of tune? wowzas! they normally detunes to decrease neck stress in transit.
    That's a bad idea. Detuning is not advised, the neck is more likely to warp.
    firebridge wrote: i dont like that its made out of agathis wood it usually has bad tone
    What a load of crap. Read: http://www.guitarnation.com/articles/cal...
    Deeswift
    parker_muse wrote: Right, im thinking about getting this a second bass. Good idea?
    Very good idea. These vintage modified series basses are superb instruments, don't be fooled by the name on the headstock, this is as good as a Fender, sometimes better. I would advise you to get the Jazz over the Precision, though, it's more versatile. The Jazz can get P sounds anyway. The P can't sound like the Jazz.
    MCouary
    I need to choose between this and a P-Bass Special (the one with a J-Bass Pickup) i already own a Jazz Bass..wich one should i choose? i have a doubt...Jazz Basses actually sound like a true P-Bass or is it just a Pseudo-P-Bass tone?
    MCouary
    redlad
    I got mine in March and it was in tune. Only 1 string out of tune. I was told it was deliberate.