Vintage Modified Precision Bass review by Squier

Squier: Vintage Modified Precision Bass

This bass I think will fit most any music style out there but I use it mainly for rock and punk. I mainly play it through an Ampeg B-100. The tone on the bass is awesome. It has a pretty good sound range. I always use a pick which sounds good on the bass while one of my friends uses his fingers which also sounds good on this bass so which ever way you play this bass will fit you. It can either be really deep and bassy or very punchy and bright. I have also owned a Fender Standard P Bass (it wasn't one of the newer upgraded models but was still good) that just didn't sound as good as this bass, and that would be thanks to the Duncan Designed pickups. The only problem I found is that it isnt all that lound with the volume knob turned up all the way but that's not really a bad thing since all you have to do is turn up your amp.

This is the third bass I have owned. It is half the price of my other two but sounds sooo much better. If I some how lost or had this bass stolen I would buy a new one for sure. I love every thing about this bass. My favorite feature would have to be the pickups. I also love how simple this bass is. As I was writing this I really didn't want to put all 10s just because I don't like that but as I thought about it I just had to this bass is that good. If you are thinking about this bass then stop and go and buy it you will not regret it.

I haven't used this bass for more than just sitting in my room and playing with a few friends. But I do believe that this bass would do very well Live at a gig. Everything about this bass seems like it will last a lifetime. Nothing on this is weak or feels like it will break.

When I got the bass in mail the action was perfect. It was just low enough to sound awesome and not buzz when you play it. As stated before the pickups are awesome. The color (white w/ black pickguard) is also amazing. It is such a classic color style that is sure to catch the eyes of others. When I first got the bass I thought that there was a flaw but I was wrong. By this I mean that the volume knob sticks up a bit, almost like it wasn't put on all the way. This doesnt't keep it from working but was kinda weird. I found out that it wasn't a flaw when I was at a guitar shop and saw another one of these basses that also had a volume knob that stuck up. So if you get this bass and your knob is sticking up don't worry it is supposed to be like that I think.

Brand new 2006 model made in I'm not sure I have a sticker covering that up. Has 20 meddium-jumbo frets and rosewood fingerboard. Has an awesome classic punk style white body with black pickguard. Has the standard one volume one tone knobs. The pickups (which are duncan designed)are amazing considering that's this bass is a Squier.

inferi596
    very nice, i love my squier, great sound, though i'm planning on getting an ibanez bass next
    teachmyself
    That's a bad idea. Detuning is not advised, the neck is more likely to warp.
    Read bass player magazine. They recommend detuning when shipping. Learn your stuff before you tell other people what to do.
    Ali-b912
    i think im getting one of these for my first bass. ive played guitar for ages but my band is in need of a bass and ive always wanted too. will it be able to do things like metallica. also, what happens if you try and distort it?