BC300 review by Stagg

Stagg: BC300

Purchased from: GAK Music

Superb sounds from this beauty, there is a lot of difference in the sounds from the two different types of pickups.

Rock n Roll and this is used as a backup bass to a Double Bass. Great Bass buy one and see.

Stands up to live playing no regrets at all. This is a robust well made bass.

Superb setup was great although I did have to set the intonation up.

This bass is the fretless model in black, it was made in 2010 and is superb, the pickups are so different and allow you to create any sound, the finish is superb, the action is great, all I had to setup was the intonation, superb bass and worth 10 times what I paid for it, I have been playing guitars for the past 40 years.

actionpromotes
    I usually use Fenders and Epiphone Basses.I bout this Stagg BC300 Sunburst on Ebay for just £40. In all my 53 years gigging experience I have never had a better balanced Bass . It feels and plays superbly. Of course it sounds crap....but so tempted to replace the pickups with better quality one`s . I could end up with a great sounding instrument, nice to play and still cost me very little.
    harrygolding
    Pros; light, cheap, looks good, plays well. Cons; It broke many times, buzzy, overpriced, not versatile, badly made, sounds boring and muddy. Only good for starter bass, but if you can get something better. Overall; Won't buy again. Don't recommend.
    tmatkins2
    I got one of these for $50 used just to practice on, when I first got it I did have to make some adjustments, but once I got it setup the way it should of been it played just fine. Now I'm not the type to leave things alone, since getting it I have done a lot to this, basically the only thing left from when i bought it is the body and neck, and it is actually really awesome... i know that doesnt mean much for the stock version, but even stock when properly setup would be fine for a beginner.
    jaywon
    I'm getting this bass guitar for christmas as a beginner i play in a band we do a fair amount of gigs every month, after reading through all the comments and main review i feel ive made the wrong choice...
    fabio.derosa.73
    the fretless model is a must have !!!! it is also of of the few fretless bass without fret marks..