Ripwood 5 String review by Stellah

Stellah: Ripwood 5 String

Price paid: € 110

Purchased from: www.guitar-warehouse.com

Crystal clear tone, really straightforward tuning, at the moment I'm just playing it through my friends Behringer PA as I said, but the sound is very sweet. I noticed the other night, after slapping around and pullin on the strings (techniques I'm just learning), the bass remained finely in tune.

I love this bass, for its size, sturdyness, great playabitlity. I'm still not sure what specific tone/sound I'm looking for, I'm not that picky yet, but the sound is generally awesome. I didn't buy a 5 string cause I really needed one, being a beginner, but the flexibility is great! Overall really pleased with this instrument!

As I said impossible to break, or even chip it so well finished. I've only been playing bass for a few months but I've been jamming at high volume through my friend's Behringer PA system, by no means the most sophisticated soundwise, and the bass works great, and should sound perfect live in the pub.

Really impressive finish, heavily coated. No need for any adjustment, the action is just right for me, nice and low as I've just started playing bass recently. Really, strong and solid, think it would be impossible to break. Overall great fit in terms of alignment, pickups, controls etc.

Low action, really nice tone, stunning red finish, 24 frets, 2 pickups, 864mm in scale size, Body made from Hardwood and Hard Maple, Fretboard made from Top Choice Rosewood. Tone controls are standard as I mentioned, but 5th string gives greater flexibility to play whatever style, be it jazz, funk, Blues, Reggae etc.