SJB 800 review by Stellah

Stellah: SJB 800

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: Guitar Warehouse

For the price, I doubt you will get any better. I bought it to mess around on, but after playing I can see this coming into rotation at gigs. It suits how I play, although, I may take off the Bridge PUP cover in the future. I play through a Laney DP150 4x10 and this thing really does sound good. It's the only JB config bass I own. (The rest are MM config, and one double soapbar). Tonal variety, same as any JB.

I have 4 other basses, and would have no problems gigging this. You will get brand snobbery, but if something sounds, and plays well, who are others to judge? I would buy this bass again, and I'll definitely be using Guitar warehouse again. I love the grain on the body, and if I had to choose this, or say, a Squier for 200e more, I'd choose this. Thumbs up!

It seems like a very slid piece of kit, well above what I was expecting and see it lasting the course!

The finish was flawless, no blemishes on the body, neck or fretboatd. The frets were nicely dressed, and don't need any work. There is a TINT gap between neck and body (Enough for a sheet of paper) but that's all! I may replace the nut in the future.

22 frets, 34" Scale, Maple neck and fretboard (Bolt on) Ash body. Solid ash body with dark stain, and a high gloss finish (I doubt the finish will wear at all). Lovely Jazz body, Jazz style bridge and open tuners. Passive Electronics and two volume, one tone knob.