SJB 800 Review

manufacturer: Stellah date: 08/17/2012 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Stellah: SJB 800
22 frets, 34" Scale, Maple neck and fretboard. For the price, I doubt you will get any better.
 9.2
 8.8
 9.5
 3,510
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
SJB 800 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2012

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: Guitar Warehouse

Features: 22 frets, 34" Scale, Maple neck and fretboard (Bolt on) Ash body. Solid ash body with dark stain, and a high gloss finish (I doubt the finish will wear at all). Lovely Jazz body, Jazz style bridge and open tuners. Passive Electronics and two volume, one tone knob. // 9

Sound: For the price, I doubt you will get any better. I bought it to mess around on, but after playing I can see this coming into rotation at gigs. It suits how I play, although, I may take off the Bridge PUP cover in the future. I play through a Laney DP150 4x10 and this thing really does sound good. It's the only JB config bass I own. (The rest are MM config, and one double soapbar). Tonal variety, same as any JB. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish was flawless, no blemishes on the body, neck or fretboatd. The frets were nicely dressed, and don't need any work. There is a TINT gap between neck and body (Enough for a sheet of paper) but that's all! I may replace the nut in the future. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It seems like a very slid piece of kit, well above what I was expecting and see it lasting the course! // 9

Overall Impression: I have 4 other basses, and would have no problems gigging this. You will get brand snobbery, but if something sounds, and plays well, who are others to judge? I would buy this bass again, and I'll definitely be using Guitar warehouse again. I love the grain on the body, and if I had to choose this, or say, a Squier for 200e more, I'd choose this. Thumbs up! // 9

More Stellah reviews rating category latest review
+ 6 String Fretless Bass Guitar Kit 4.2 Bass Guitars 06/13/2012