BG1K 3TS review by SX

• Reviewer's score: 3.4 Poor
SX: BG1K 3TS

The Precision bass is famous for it's variety (not as much as the jazz, but even so), so it can be used in a variety of genres. The problem with this is that it was so hard to find a good sound through it. The bass through the amp sounded terrible due to the stock pickups and SX amp. It sounded somewhat muddy, the tone was undefined. The sound was usable, but far from satisfactory.

I play litterally everything excluding worship and country. The style of the bass generally suited me, but the inherent flaws it contained made it a huge bore to deal with. To make this bass usable, severe replacements and sanding needs to be done. Although many people buy this bass for it's modibility, it would probably be cheaper and easier to make a bass from scratch than to remove the finish, reshape the contours, and exchange the neck, electronics, hardware, and pickups. Altogether, this is easily the worst bass I have ever played in my life, and I would never reccomend this to anyone. Those strapped for cash should probably wait another $50 for a Squier bass. If it was stolen, I would laugh at the thief for doing me a favor.

The SX reputation showed itself in this area, the entire bass was very durable due to the alder body (which is the only reason this score is so high), while the hardware was terrible. The stock pickups have an undefined sound that warrented an immediate change, and the electronics was often loose, cheap, and generally sloppy. The hardware got the job done, altough you will need to change the bridge and tuners if you want to advance to a higher level with the bass. The finish, although cheap, seemed durable.

Action was and Still Remains the worse I have ever had the misfortune of handling, it was sky high. The finish was laquer, and while it did not have any glaring issues, it was unimpressive. The sunburst looked very cheap. The frets were terrible cut, it was like playing on a chainsaw, and the neck was not comfortable to play on at all. Although rondomusic boasts of it's contours, they are terribly cut and are not comfortable at all.

This is a Precision bass made by SX. The bass is somewhat modern, possible made in korea. The neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard and 20 frets, and is fairly uncomfortatble. The highlight of the bass is the body, which is made of alder. It has a sunburst finish, passive electronics, standard controls for a pbass and pickup configuration. The bass came with a tuner, strap, chord, gig bag, and amp. The tuner, gig bag, and strap are usable. The chord and amp are both bad quality, and need to be replaced. As a reccomendation, the SX bass amp is not worth the extra money.

n00bje
    You're not supposed to vote for the review, but for the guitar...
    FionnRuadh
    If it was stolen, I would laugh at the thief for doing me a favor.
    haha luv the sarcasm first!
    BFun
    I don't think that's sarcasm
    Insaniity
    BFun wrote: FionnRuadh wrote: If it was stolen, I would laugh at the thief for doing me a favor. haha luv the sarcasm first! I don't think that's sarcasm
    lol
    ldnovelo
    JoelTheShredder : i rated it ten for the lulllz
    you have just failed. youre a lulzer
    Parkeran
    I brought a pack like this one except it was a right handed guitar. This is my very first bass guitar so I can't really compare it to another one.
    kranoscorp
    Mutant Corn wrote: It's an old one, isn't it? New ones are not nearly as bad.
    The one I tried was an 07'. It is not amazingly old, but I doubt things have changed with SX.
    Jordanelpaco
    yeh just dont buy this do ur self a favour if u hav 2 go cheap but a thomann harley benton j bass is nt great but alot better dan dis
    Jugernaut1969
    Just got one in my shop. The owner had replaced the neck with another SX neck they ordered. It did not fit the bass properly and if that was not bad enough it had about 1/8 inch of bow without the strings. After getting the neck straight I was able to watch the action go back to "Sky high" within 48 hours and yes the neck is bowed again.