Rebel 4K review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Rebel 4K

I play a variety of music styles, from rock to jazz, and I found that the Rebel 4K was able to switch from one to the other very easily, especially with the supplied amp. Overall it has a great sound, but it became quite soft on the upper frets on the G string.

For a first bass, I think it's a great introduction. But it can also be used for a budget perfomance bass, like at gigs and the such like, which is important. If my bass was stolen I'd probably get the Tanglewood Warrior, since I've had more experience. Other basses seemed really bland in monotone colours and cheap Fender copies, so this bass really stuck out to me. If you are series about taking up the bass guitar as a hobby or to start a band, I would highly recommend the Tanglewood Rebel 4K.

I've played it at 2 gigs so far, and it's been perfect everytime. I haven't had any problems with it in the 3-4 months I've owned it, and all the hardware is still good. I bought this bass with a purple burst finish, and was amazed at how durable it was. Despite several bumps and accidents, the finish remained intact with just minor scratches that are unnoticable.

When it first arrived, I had to adjust the action on all of the strings and do a slight truss rod adjustment. I had no problem with the frets or the pickups, which were in fine working order. This bass is factory made so there was a slight dent at the bottom of the fretboard but nothing too cosmetic or damaging. The strings supplied were fine and lasted about 2 months before I needed to replace them.

The Tanglewood Rebel 4K is a long scale, 24 fret four string bass. The body is made of a light basswood, and the neck is maple. With a modern cutaway style and a sleek laquer see-through finish in a variety of colours, I instantly loved it. All hardware including the EMC P-J style pickups were in chrome black. As my first bass, I bought it in a pack with a 10W Hiwatt amp, soft gig bag, cables, adjusting tools, strap and guide booklet. It had a detailed section on setting up the action and adjusting the truss rod, which was a great help.

Eilidh
    hexagram244: Submit you're own review of the Rebel 4k and then I'll listen to you. Stuminton: Cool!
    hexagram244
    The Rebel 4K is a crap bass compared to the Warrior II and is priced about the same...
    stephano
    i got one n its ok but could be better, god bass tho it was my first one too!
    _-Joey-_
    I got this as my first bass too, but i got mine for 170 with a 25 watt amp, padded bass bag, leads, adjustment tools, & picks!!! & mine's in an awesome cherry red colour... although i'd prefer yours i think, cos purple is like my favourite colour!!! i even coloured my school bag in purple & have black & purple shoes!!!