Rebel 4K review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Rebel 4K

Purchased from: Bandland Music Store

A good sound can be gained from the bass on any amp - a clean sound and a slightly muffled sound can be made. With the use of a small effects box/pedal, a sound can be made for any music style. I use it with the Maxwatt Hurricane amplifier and a Zoom B1X bass effects pedal. With this combo, any sound can be made, but without a pedal, the sound is limited.

It is quite heavy, so you'll need a good strap. I chose this above a Fender Squire Precision Bass (220) not because of the price but because I have seen a lot of easily breakable Precision Basses and this looked reliable. Also, it is more unique and less common than a lot of basses.

The finish is strong, and apart from the dodgy tuning peg, everything is good and solid. It is very dependable, well built and durable. I have hade it around a year and (even while I don't take that good care of it) it doesn't have a single scratch. A very strong bass.

The strings may need changing. There is also a slight fault in one of the tuning pegs - when you try to drop D on the E string it will most likely snap. However, the pickups and finish of every other part is great. Other hardware is well built but other basses I have played with similar pickups do sound a bit better - some adjusting may need to be done.

This model has a 24-fret Maplewood neck. It has two pickups (one is a split-coil). A volume and two tone controls are there. The package I bought included a stand, a Korg tuner, a strap, a Maxwatt amplifier, a case and a cable. It is a good, cheap and reliable bass.

spud182
    I bought a Tanglewood Reble 4k 5 years ago and nothing has gone wrong with it. It's beautiful cheap and has an amazing sound, but if he sound isn't to your taste then it's easy to change the pickups. The one thing bad about it is thought that most people will find it hard to slap and pop on it but apart from that it still remains to be one of my favourite bass guitars, I highly recommend it to a lot of people.